General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    05 Mar '14 17:45
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31346_7-57619941-252/koenigsegg-there-can-be-only-one-1/

    I want one🙂
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    05 Mar '14 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31346_7-57619941-252/koenigsegg-there-can-be-only-one-1/

    I want one🙂
    1,000,000 watt car: 0-248 mph in 20 seconds!:

    "I want one." -$onhouse

    Reveal Hidden Content
    Here's an Abe [JF40504487B Signed by T.T.G. Secretary of the Treasury] from my rainy day fund... hope it helps.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223269
    06 Mar '14 20:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31346_7-57619941-252/koenigsegg-there-can-be-only-one-1/

    I want one🙂
    so 0-60 in 2.48 seconds!
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526188
    12 Mar '14 15:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31346_7-57619941-252/koenigsegg-there-can-be-only-one-1/

    I want one🙂
    Where do you want to drive it?

    Welcome to Germany and the Autobahn!
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526188
    04 Apr '14 11:44
    ...and if we talk dream cars, how about that one?

    http://www.wired.com/2014/04/porsche-918-spyder-2/
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    04 Apr '14 12:13
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...and if we talk dream cars, how about that one?

    http://www.wired.com/2014/04/porsche-918-spyder-2/
    Top Car
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    04 Apr '14 15:50
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]1,000,000 watt car: 0-248 mph in 20 seconds!:

    "I want one." -$onhouse

    [hidden]Here's an Abe [JF40504487B Signed by T.T.G. Secretary of the Treasury] from my rainy day fund... hope it helps.[/hidden][/b]
    Can you imagine the price per mile🙂 I think they said the sticker was 6 mil. So you drive 20,000 miles a year brings it to a mere $300 per mile.....
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    04 Apr '14 15:51
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    so 0-60 in 2.48 seconds!
    That would be if the accel was linear, it probable gets to 60 in under 2 seconds.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    05 Apr '14 03:15
    YouTube
    7.405 e.t.
    184.60 MPH
    2000 HP street legal and driven on the street on occasion.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    15 Apr '14 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdkAe7_cmKg
    7.405 e.t.
    184.60 MPH
    2000 HP street legal and driven on the street on occasion.
    Don't you have to have fenders to be street legal? Also with that huge blower restricting view, I got in trouble with the cops for having a radio on the dashboard, it was only about 3 inches high but the cop told me it restricted my view which was total BS because I am 6 '2" and could still see the front of my hood looking over the ham set.

    7 seconds is still almost twice the time of the rails though, with their 8000 hp engines and 2500 pound weight! Not exactly street legal though!
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    16 Apr '14 04:411 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Don't you have to have fenders to be street legal? Also with that huge blower restricting view, I got in trouble with the cops for having a radio on the dashboard, it was only about 3 inches high but the cop told me it restricted my view which was total BS because I am 6 '2" and could still see the front of my hood looking over the ham set.

    7 seconds is ...[text shortened]... rails though, with their 8000 hp engines and 2500 pound weight! Not exactly street legal though!
    Fenders are largely a local law thing, some states they are required and others not. Each officer interprets the laws differently, and enforces them likewise.
    Not a blower, but a tunnel ram with 4 Split Dominator carbs.

    http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hdrp_1202_2000hp_1928_model_a_overkill/
Back to Top