1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 19:01
    Originally posted by hakima
    Will do! Since I have not been asked, I intend to arrive solo with dance card on my wrist. If there is an empty space on my card and the music has started, I'll be on the dance floor.
    hakima, for the helluva it, would you please consider saving the last dance for gb?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 19:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    hakima, for the helluva it, would you please consider saving the last dance for gb?
    Great Britain?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 19:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Great Britain?
    hakima is looking like a lock for prom queen.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 20:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Great Britain?
    Yeah, gb or Russ in Great Britain.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 20:061 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    hakima is looking like a lock for prom queen.
    Voting: Selection method will be based on your first, second and third choice point values of 5, 3, 1 as in the format of the 2015 Prose Competition. Votes cast may reflect the popularity of those students elected or their levels of participation in school activities, such as public forum contributions or achievements in the RHP Chess Club. Footnote: Thumbs Up given to any and all posts in this thread will count as 1 point toward each respective senior student's total. Any Thumbs Down from a student too busy or timid to attend this memorable gala event will of course be ignored. The Prom Queen and Prom King may be given crowns to wear by Russ. Please send all votes by Personal Message to me by Tuesday, May 12, 2015.

"Thumbs Up given to any and all posts in this thread will count as 1 point toward each respective senior student's total."
    Only Thumbs Up, JS, so far. Will you be attending with your date at our 1st Annual Red Hot Pawn Senior Prom?
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 21:29
    Dear Mr. Bobby,

I would love to reserve a dance for you.

Alas, the final space on my dance card has previously been filled.
  7. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 21:58
    Dear Mr. Bobby,

Me, Me, Me??
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 00:221 edit
    Dear Mr. Bobby,

Dear Ms. Hakima,

Thank you for granting my request:

"would you please consider saving the last dance for gb".

I know you'll have a memorable evening.
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 01:19
    Dear Ms. Hakima,

Thank you for granting my request:

"would you please consider saving the last dance for gb".

I know you'll have a memorable evening.
    Dear Mr. Bobby...

I was too coy to be clear. Prior to your gracious request, the last dance had already been taken...

I apologize for my obscurity.

I have reserved another dance for you.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 01:25
    Dear Mr. Bobby...

I was too coy to be clear. Prior to your gracious request, the last dance had already been taken...

The bouncer will show you the steps. 😀
  11. old pueblo
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 01:30
    Will there be snacks? Guacamole? Artichoke dip? Those little toasted breads with mozarella cheese and stuff on it?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 01:371 edit
    Dear Mr. Bobby...

Dear Ms. Hakima...

Well, you did "consider" my request: "would you please consider saving the last dance for gb"; and then politely declined
    due the fact that the last dance on your card had already been taken. With some immature high school girls the request may have been summarily ignored. You've 'reserved another dance for gb'? How kind and thoughtful. However, lol

Of course I'm pleased and happy that we're in the same senior class. Thanks again.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 01:412 edits
    [b]Voting: Selection method will be based on your first, second and third choice point values of 5, 3, 1 as in the format of the 2015 Prose Competition. Votes cast may reflect the popularity of those students elected or their levels of participation in school activities, such as public forum contributions or achievements in the RHP Chess Club ...[text shortened]... Up, JS, so far. Will you be attending with your date at our 1st Annual Red Hot Pawn Senior Prom?[/b]
    The kids my daughter's age approached Prom night quite differently than I did. A bunch of friends (with parental approval and $$) rented a limo to take them to and from the prom (typically to after-prom parties and/or a pizza joint). It wasn't as much of a boy asks girl couples thing, except for those who were going steady, and in many cases such couples were part of the larger group. I'm sure the usual substances were passed around but it was in a safer environment, not to mention free of the "who do I ask" and "will I be asked and by whom" teen angst. So I would say, I'll be there to engage with everyone, and if my wife wants to, she will too. That is, if the time coincides with us being at home and awake.🙂 How is this going to work?

I suggest a DJ playing nominated music, preferably from the years of their high school prom (or equivalent teen era dance event). I nominate Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers.

YouTube

Edit: It's a great slow dance song.
  14. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 02:47
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    Me, Me, Me??
    Dear Mr. Saint,

Your exuberance is flattering and refreshing... 🙂

I will gladly reserve a dance for you.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 02:50
    The kids my daughter's age approached Prom night quite differently than I did. A bunch of friends (with parental approval and $$) rented a limo to take them to and from the prom (typically to after-prom parties and/or a pizza joint). It wasn't as much of a boy asks girl couples thing, except for those who were going steady, and in many cases such couples were par ...[text shortened]... eous Brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrK5u5W8afc

Edit: It's a great slow dance song.
    "I'm sure the usual substances were passed around but it was in a safer environment, not to mention free of the "who do
    I ask" and "will I be asked and by whom" teen angst."

“I failed angst in high school. They let me graduate anyway.” ―John Scalzi, Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded

"So I would say, I'll be there to engage with everyone, and if my wife wants to..." -JS357

We'd all enjoy meeting your lovely wife at our "1st Annual Red Hot Pawn Senior Prom providing she's an RHP Member.
    If not, you'll have to invite a girl in our senior class [as will the rest of the senior boys] as your date for the evening.

JS, you'll need to discuss your suggestion on a "DJ playing nominated music" with sonhouse who has already weighed in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree