500 bottles of wine coming from comet Lovejoy!:

500 bottles of wine coming from comet Lovejoy!:

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
25 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/25/us/comet-lovejoy-spews-alcohol/index.html

Not just any old alcohol, but ETHYL alcohol, the kind we drink!

Must be a helluva party going on up thereπŸ™‚
That's nothing:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51271/there-are-giant-clouds-alcohol-floating-space

"Ten thousand light years from earth in a constellation far, far away, there is massive cloud of alcohol.

Discovered in 1995 near the constellation Aquila, the cloud is 1000 times larger than the diameter of our solar system. It contains enough ethyl alcohol to fill 400 trillion trillion pints of beer. To down that much alcohol, every person on earth would have to drink 300,000 pints each day—for one billion years."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 16

Originally posted by vivify
That's nothing:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51271/there-are-giant-clouds-alcohol-floating-space

"Ten thousand light years from earth in a constellation far, far away, there is massive cloud of alcohol.

Discovered in 1995 near the constellation Aquila, the cloud is 1000 times larger than the diameter of our solar system. It contains enough ethyl al ...[text shortened]... lcohol, every person on earth would have to drink 300,000 pints each day—for one billion years."
Well, Lovejoy is at least theoretically reachable in a few years time. The cloud is 10,000 light years away, and the best we can do even theoretically is 1/10 the speed of light so the journey would take 100,000 years. Doesn't do humans much good, eh. That is just one way. 200,000 years to get back after that giant drunk partyπŸ™‚

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Aug 16

Well, Lovejoy is at least theoretically reachable in a few years time. The cloud is 10,000 light years away, and the best we can do even theoretically is 1/10 the speed of light so the journey would take 100,000 years. Doesn't do humans much good, eh. That is just one way. 200,000 years to get back after that giant drunk partyπŸ™‚
Who'd be dumb enough to travel 200,000 years just to get drunk? Scientists! πŸ˜‰

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 16
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
Who'd be dumb enough to travel 200,000 years just to get drunk? Scientists! πŸ˜‰
Yeah but think how much they could bring back to Earth 200,000 years from now! Aircraft carrier sized space craft chock full of 190 proof vodka from the stars!

By that time humans may have stopped drinking alcohol completely and they would start a new fad.....

oh, also, JC and the boys hadn't come back in the year 202,000 either......

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Aug 16

Yeah but think how much they could bring back to Earth 200,000 years from now! Aircraft carrier sized space craft chock full of 190 proof vodka from the stars!

By that time humans may have stopped drinking alcohol completely and they would start a new fad.....

oh, also, JC and the boys hadn't come back in the year 202,000 either......
Yes he did. And that Aircraft carrier sized space craft mysteriously flew into a super nova, otherwise called the lake of fire. But the cargo ended up at the wedding feast. πŸ˜‰

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 16

Yes he did. And that Aircraft carrier sized space craft mysteriously flew into a super nova, otherwise called the lake of fire. But the cargo ended up at the wedding feast. πŸ˜‰
Why are you bringing up cars? I didn't know you even remembered the Nova. I didn't think they were THAT super....

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Aug 16

Why are you bringing up cars? I didn't know you even remembered the Nova. I didn't think they were THAT super....
I drove a Nova back in the day. Three speed on the column.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Aug 16

I drove a Nova back in the day. Three speed on the column.
I didn't know they had actually launched a nova

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
06 Sep 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
How is that? surely it cannot have a yeast strain?
c2H5OH is a quite simple molecukle which can be made by a lot of routes.
Yeast excreting it as port of their Glucose metabolism is just a convinient one for the average prehistoric Person πŸ˜‰

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Sep 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
c2H5OH is a quite simple molecukle which can be made by a lot of routes.
Yeast excreting it as port of their Glucose metabolism is just a convinient one for the average prehistoric Person πŸ˜‰
So HOW simple are these molecukle's?