General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10624
    22 Oct '15 16:44
    As thread plagiarism seems to be the current fashion, thought i'd float the idea here for the collective power to inflict forum 'buns' on any other poster they see misbehaving?

    A short sharp shock from one's fellow public forum contributors who are at liberty to pelt you with virtual forum buns. (For 6 hours).

    Benefits:
    > More power to the people
    > Less waiting around for the mods to finish playing World of Warcraft
    > Fun!
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526315
    22 Oct '15 16:51
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As thread plagiarism seems to be the current fashion, thought i'd float the idea here for the collective power to inflict forum 'buns' on any other poster they see misbehaving?

    A short sharp shock from one's fellow public forum contributors who are at liberty to pelt you with virtual forum buns. (For 6 hours).

    Benefits:
    > More power to the people
    > Less waiting around for the mods to finish playing World of Warcraft
    > Fun!
    thread title plagiarism run already rampant when I joined the site some weks ago...

    Let the pelting begin!
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    22 Oct '15 18:31
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As thread plagiarism seems to be the current fashion, thought i'd float the idea here for the collective power to inflict forum 'buns' on any other poster they see misbehaving?

    A short sharp shock from one's fellow public forum contributors who are at liberty to pelt you with virtual forum buns. (For 6 hours).

    Benefits:
    > More power to the people
    > Less waiting around for the mods to finish playing World of Warcraft
    > Fun!
    Bum nazi!
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10624
    22 Oct '15 18:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Bum nazi!
    🙂 Buns were always going to be more socially acceptable than bans. Instead of 'yellow warnings' think custard,....think Bugsy Malone.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    922321
    22 Oct '15 19:14
    I love fresh buns. Waiting six hours for them is harsh.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10624
    22 Oct '15 19:20
    Originally posted by coquette
    I love fresh buns. Waiting six hours for them is harsh.
    'Virtual buns' aren't fresh i'm afraid, just pixelated.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    922321
    22 Oct '15 19:23
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'Virtual buns' aren't fresh i'm afraid, just pixelated.
    okay, just so long as they have that wonderful fresh oven aroma, I'm good
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    22 Oct '15 19:271 edit
    we should have the ability to block people from any threads that we originate for example if they continually try to derail it or spam it with meaningless drivel. They have this on chess dot com.
  9. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    22 Oct '15 19:321 edit
    Bunning ain't what it used to be.
  10. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    22 Oct '15 19:341 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we should have the ability to block people from any threads that we originate for example if they continually try to derail it or spam it with meaningless drivel. They have this on chess dot com.
    If GB were back from sabbatical he would probably point out to you that mentioning competitive websites is against RHP ToS.
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    22 Oct '15 20:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If GB were back from sabbatical he would probably point out to you that mentioning competitive websites is against RHP ToS.
    thats no bun!
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    22 Oct '15 20:59
    I have buns of steel.
  13. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    922321
    22 Oct '15 21:41
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I have buns of steel.
    i'm going to bunt this one
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    22 Oct '15 23:56
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As thread plagiarism seems to be the current fashion, thought i'd float the idea here for the collective power to inflict forum 'buns' on any other poster they see misbehaving?

    A short sharp shock from one's fellow public forum contributors who are at liberty to pelt you with virtual forum buns. (For 6 hours).

    Benefits:
    > More power to the people
    > Less waiting around for the mods to finish playing World of Warcraft
    > Fun!
    Nice change of pace thread, GD. Yes,feeling a tad better; thanks for wondering.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Oct '15 00:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we should have the ability to block people from any threads that we originate for example if they continually try to derail it or spam it with meaningless drivel. They have this on chess dot com.
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    "They have this on chess dot com."
    _________

    Definitely an online correspondence chess site market competitor.
Back to Top