1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 15:00
    ...and made a move.
    Do you sometimes get feeling that your opponent's cat made a move instead of him/her?
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 16:46
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    ...and made a move.
    Do you sometimes get feeling that your opponent's cat made a move instead of him/her?
    A stray cat entered my house with a blackbird carcass, which it consumed in an attic room undetected. Disgusting. We only realised something was the matter when we were sitting quietly one evening and heard the piano start to play itself ever so quietly in a dark living room. While for many people an occult explanation might have come to mind, it is a strange fact that I immediately had a memory of cats in my childhood home doing the same thing and crept up on the blighter, moving slowly and almost sideways so as not to alarm it, before snatching and evicting it. The bird mess, however, required serious cleaning. Ever since, we have been cautious about leaving our back door open in summer.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 16:55
    Originally posted by finnegan
    A stray cat entered my house with a blackbird carcass, which it consumed in an attic room undetected. Disgusting. We only realised something was the matter when we were sitting quietly one evening and heard the piano start to play itself ever so quietly in a dark living room. While for many people an occult explanation might have come to mind, it is a st ...[text shortened]... serious cleaning. Ever since, we have been cautious about leaving our back door open in summer.
    Was the cat playing "Bye Bye Blackbird"?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 17:551 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    A stray cat entered my house with a blackbird carcass, which it consumed in an attic room undetected. Disgusting. We only realised something was the matter when we were sitting quietly one evening and heard the piano start to play itself ever so quietly in a dark living room. While for many people an occult explanation might have come to mind, it is a st ...[text shortened]... serious cleaning. Ever since, we have been cautious about leaving our back door open in summer.
    Bye bye blackbird

A stray cat entered my house with a blackbird carcass, which it consumed in an attic room undetected. Disgusting. We only realised something was the matter when we were sitting quietly one evening and heard the piano start to play itself ever so quietly in a dark living room. While for many people an occult explanation might have come to mind, it is a strange fact that I immediately had a memory of cats in my childhood home doing the same thing and crept up on the blighter, moving slowly and almost sideways so as not to alarm it, before snatching and evicting it. The bird mess, however, required serious cleaning. Ever since, we have been cautious about leaving our back door open in summer.

Descending slowly into his cellar, damp wooden steps creaked beneath Finnegan's heavy feet. A hairy hand reached out in the darkness and after a second or two of fumbling, switched on the low watt bulb that barely illuminated the dank room below. Stagnant water trickled down the far wall, half the floor submerged in an inch of brown sludgy liquid that squelched under his Wellingtons. To one side was a low wooden table, upon it an assortment of stuffed animals. Rigid rats sat quietly with rigid weasels, their eyes black and cold. Finnegan though had not come in search of rats or weasels and retrieved instead a large blackbird, its void eye sockets plugged with clumps of old sack cloth. Tenderly he cradled it in his arms, allowing its closed beak to momentarily brush his cheek. “Won’t be long now. I’ve seen it in the entrails of a goat."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree