1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 01:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    Lock up your daughters and lock up your wives. Lock up your back door and run for your lives!
    Since everyone is locked up, I guess they run in circles?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 09:18
    Originally posted by LittleDonkey
    It would seem that the electorate have exercised that power. Tired of being told that they are better off when they know first hand they are not. Tired of being told that they are 'evil' when they don't toe the line after being bombarded with images of drowned infants and being told they are responsible unless they show compassion. Tired of rich celebri ...[text shortened]... e perceived deception, we are no longer rewarding dishonesty and we think legislation is needed.
    Ummmmm, not exactly.

Your "We" is not the majority.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 09:19
    Originally posted by josephw
    Unfortunately God was left out of the equation. Jesus Christ is sovereign over the affairs of men. Better pay attention. Everything that happens is according to His plan. Just watch and see.
    That's no reason to sit home, do nothing, and let evil prevail.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 11:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's no reason to sit home, do nothing, and let evil prevail.
    Of course not. But it would do better to sit home and do nothing if one thinks that what their doing is right when it is wrong.

That's how evil prevails, when the children of God don't know what God is doing and are at variance with His will. We have a responsibility to live out those Christian principles which would have a profound effect on society, but unfortunately the statistics show that the church is no better than the unbelieving world around us.

The battleground is spiritual, manifesting itself in the temporal realm.
  5. SubscriberLittleDonkey
    Little Donkey
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 00:19
    Ummmmm, not exactly.

Your "We" is not the majority.
    In the case of Brexit my 'We' is the majority, in the case of Clinton v Trump, Clinton narrowly won the popular vote. Add the votes together and I have a majority.

Here in the UK, UKIP got over 4 million votes and won just one seat, the SNP polled fewer votes and got 59 seats. That's democracy in the western world. When the system sucks and you get the opportunity to fight back don't run away.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 01:11
    I didn't want the "conservatards" to just skip over it because a Democrat's name was attached to it. I was hoping some would read it without their bias against all things sensible.

I was going to wait before the accreditation, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

The main point is that this was written in 1959. The warning still stands, but we still don't "get it".
    Man never, well hardly ever anyway, learns from history.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 21:28
    Originally posted by LittleDonkey
    In the case of Brexit my 'We' is the majority, in the case of Clinton v Trump, Clinton narrowly won the popular vote. Add the votes together and I have a majority.

Here in the UK, UKIP got over 4 million votes and won just one seat, the SNP polled fewer votes and got 59 seats. That's democracy in the western world. When the system sucks and you get the opportunity to fight back don't run away.
    Nobody conjoins the two votes and thinks they are the same.

Well, rabid nationalists and bigots might.
  8. SubscriberLittleDonkey
    Little Donkey
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 22:34
    Nobody conjoins the two votes and thinks they are the same.

Well, rabid nationalists and bigots might.
    Hey, I'm the evil one remember!

You said my 'We' wasn't the majority view and yet in the case of Brexit it was overwhelmingly the majority view. In the case of Trump v Clinton it was very marginal. I pulled you up on that.

Many commentators, politicians and world leaders are linking the two events not just rabid nationalists and bigots.

You do however seem to support your views in the traditional manner by using derision and insults instead of reasoned arguments.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 23:06
    Originally posted by LittleDonkey to Suzianne
    You do however seem to support your views in the traditional manner by using derision and insults instead of reasoned arguments.
    Welcome to Suzianneworld. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree