General Forum

General Forum

1. Dumnonia
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 05:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'm not a car engineer but firstly why would someone do that? If they wanted to do damage to your car they would key the paintwork. Seems a lot of effort for not much damage. A small stone in the oil however could be an issue. It would get caught up in the overhead cam system. If this has happened it may require having the rocker cover removed (or whatever the top cover of the engine is called) and checking. What would be worse than a small stone would be sand, which would get down through the value system and bugger up the cylinders. Got some enemies??!
  2. Dumnonia
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 06:21
    Unfortunately the world is increasingly full of idiots and duchebags and most of the UK based ones also drive on our crowded roads. Disinhibition seems to rule behind the wheel of a car, with white van drivers (tradesmen) and taxi drivers being among the worst.
  3. Dumnonia
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 06:22
    I was just thinking its time to sell!
  4. Dumnonia
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 06:45
    There's no need to make this a race thing. 😛
  5. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 07:53
    take it the Spirituality forum
  6. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 11:46
    the reason I got rid of my Honda is someone had damaged the radiator by shoving a screwdriver into it repeatedly making it imposible to fix and to expensive to fit a new one. to be honest if crooks want to be in or under the bonnet they have ways.
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 15:04
    what you got your eye on? I am keen on the Kia Soul plenty of room for logs or a cheaper alternative Skoda Fabia estate both good runners
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 16:19
    I can't think of anything more appropriate than posting a technical automotive-vandalism question in a chess forum!
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 11:07
    It is possible for someone to prize open a bonnet and tamper with the motor, yes. I hope for your sake this has not happened.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 11:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm not a car engineer but firstly why would someone do that? If they wanted to do damage to your car they would key the paintwork. Seems a lot of effort for not much damage. A small stone in the oil however could be an issue. It would get caught up in the overhead cam system. If this has happened it may require having the rocker cover removed (or whatev ...[text shortened]... which would get down through the value system and bugger up the cylinders. Got some enemies??!
    Why wouldn't the oil filter catch it?