1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 19:10
    Originally posted by lolof

American actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died this afternoon, and that is sad news to all of us who admired his acting. He was awarded an Oscar for the leading role in Capote and made many other good films.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Seymour_Hoffman
    "Nearly 50 envelopes of suspected heroin in Hoffman's apartment"
    By Shimon Prokupecz. Steve Almasy and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN
    updated 12:27 PM EST, Mon February 3, 2014

(CNN) -- Police investigating the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman have found close to 50 envelopes of what they believe is heroin in his Manhattan apartment, two law enforcement sources familiar with the inquiry said Monday.

A number of used syringes, prescription drugs and empty bags that authorities suspect used to hold heroin also were found in the apartment where Hoffman, 46, was found dead Sunday of an apparent drug overdose on the bathroom floor with a syringe in his left arm, the sources said.

The New York medical examiner's office will conduct an autopsy Monday, according to law enforcement sources.

"We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Phil and appreciate the outpouring of love and support we have received from everyone," Hoffman's family said in a statement. "This is a tragic and sudden loss and we ask that you respect our privacy during this time of grieving."

The Oscar-winning actor was last seen alive at 8 p.m. Saturday, a law enforcement official said.

He was expected to get his children Sunday but didn't show up, the official said. Playwright David Katz and another person went to the apartment and found him dead, the official said.

A needle was in the actor's left arm, law enforcement sources told CNN. Police also found several empty bags branded "Ace of Hearts" -- a street name for heroin -- in the apartment, two law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation told CNN.

Also in the apartment were close to 50 envelopes, branded "Ace of Spades," containing what is believed to be heroin, the two sources said.

Investigators also found, according to the two sources:

• More than 20 used syringes in a plastic cup.

• Several other bags containing white powder.

• Prescription drugs, including the blood-pressure medication clonidine hydrochloride; the addiction-treatment drug buprenorphine; Vyvanse, a drug used to treat attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder; hydroxyzine, which can be used to treat anxiety; and methocarbamol, a muscle relaxer. Authorities are investigating whether Hoffman had prescriptions for these drugs, the sources said.... "

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/showbiz/philip-seymour-hoffman-death/
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 19:301 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Nearly 50 envelopes of suspected heroin in Hoffman's apartment"
    By Shimon Prokupecz. Steve Almasy and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN
    updated 12:27 PM EST, Mon February 3, 2014

(CNN) -- Police investigating the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman have found close to 50 envelopes of what they believe is heroin in his Manhattan apartment, two la ...[text shortened]... dead, the official said...
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/showbiz/philip-seymour-hoffman-death/[/b]
    Thank you Bob - I would think this was known to all people that knew him well. However from my point of view, this doesn't change the fact that Philip Seymour Hoffman was an outstanding actor, very talented. I don't want to judge people I don't know - who am I to do that? I am a very lucky person who live a fairly easy life and I am thankful for that. I feel sorry for those who are not that fortunate.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 20:076 edits
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Rich guy died caning drugs...Be still my beating heart.

I'm sure the guy who got crucified and had his ears cut off in the Ukraine is weeping over his "Twister" poster.
    Not hot enough for you?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=123327
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 20:20
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not hot enough for you?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=123327
    6 edits? Come on Darv you're not new to this stuff are you? I always thought you were technically adept.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 20:35
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    6 edits? Come on Darv you're not new to this stuff are you? I always thought you were technically adept.
    It's been a while since I had to link a hypocrisy.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 20:452 edits
    "The news that Philip Seymour Hoffman has died at the age of only 46 robs cinema of - almost unarguably - the greatest screen actor of the age, and certainly its outstanding character actor. Where once there was Charles Laughton, or Ernest Borgnine, for the past two decades there has been Philip Seymour Hoffman. They are all great film actors whom fate has fas ...[text shortened]... best known for his supporting roles until he received the Best Actor Academy Award for 'Capote'.
    One wonders whether or not getting the Oscar was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak? I heard he had gone through rehab and was on his way back but this is a terrible blow to the art of acting. He WAS one of the greatest of century 21 for sure.

He joins so many others, Janis Joplin, Lenny Bruce, Freddie Prinze, George Reeves (some say shooting was accidental or murder), Margaux Hemmingway, and her grandfather, Ernest Hemmingway. Art linkletter's daughter Diane. The list is very long and tragic. All these people were successful which goes to show you mental illness and depression can hit anyone at anytime.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 20:471 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's been a while since I had to link a hypocrisy.
    Then I can see where there would be issues...but 6?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 20:47
    Thank you Bob - I would think this was known to all people that knew him well. However from my point of view, this doesn't change the fact that Philip Seymour Hoffman was an outstanding actor, very talented. I don't want to judge people I don't know - who am I to do that? I am a very lucky person who live a fairly easy life and I am thankful for that. I feel sorry for those who are not that fortunate.
    You're a good hearted woman.... I'm glad you're here.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 00:08
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Actor still dead
    But he's getting better. 😕
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 00:20
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    But he's getting better. 😕
    Please tell me this isn't heading in a spiritual direction.😳
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 00:46
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Please tell me this isn't heading in a spiritual direction.😳
    YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree