General Forum

General Forum

  1. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    26 Jun '15 10:58
    I saw The Last Three Days yesterday.

    Russel Crow was caring father who did impossible to rescue his wife from prison and his son out of the country. He is a professor so his venture to crime was like a "bildung" road.

    It crossed my mind that there are few actors who could play such good guys with a charachter and at the same time without so-called diabolic note in themselves.

    Russell Crow.
    And who else?
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    26 Jun '15 12:04
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I saw [b]The Last Three Days yesterday.

    Russel Crow was caring father who did impossible to rescue his wife from prison and his son out of the country. He is a professor so his venture to crime was like a "bildung" road.

    It crossed my mind that there are few actors who could play such good guys with a charachter and at the same time without so-called diabolic note in themselves.

    Russell Crow.
    And who else?[/b]
    Steve Buscemi
    Real life good guy, former fireman, volunteered to help with the 911 attack clean up.
    http://www.snopes.com/rumors/buscemi.asp
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    26 Jun '15 13:42
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Steve Buscemi
    Real life good guy, former fireman, volunteered to help with the 911 attack clean up.
    http://www.snopes.com/rumors/buscemi.asp
    On some other forum (probably Danish, I don't remember) I had started film thread with the title like Ominous roles - that is, roles that predicted actors' destiny.
    First, Buscemi was a hero indeed, he interfered to save coleagaue's life and almost got killed and earned a life-time scar in process.

    By the way same as Don Stroud - notorious bad guy in film - who saved a man's life in a park and lost his eye.

    Sinister thread was about, that Bucsemi's role in Fargo "predicted" that real event, and that Stroud was shot in the eye in the art crime mystery film Games directed by Curtis Harrington (starred James Caan, one of my favourite mystery movies).

    And that famous bad guy Vic Morrow's death on shoting scene in helicopter accident was "predicted" in art film Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (with Peter Fonda and Susan George), in which Vic Morrow was a bad cop chasing Fonda and Miss George (and Adam Roarke) in crazy helicopter-manhunt in which he got killed.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    530041
    12 Jul '15 11:03
    Ben Kingsley as Gandhi was a very strong performance in my opinion.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    530041
    14 Jul '15 18:27
    Would you put down Dr. Zhiwago as a good guy? Then the now deceased Omar Sharif would probably qualify.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35902
    15 Jul '15 09:29
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Ben Kingsley as Gandhi was a very strong performance in my opinion.
    Even when he plays a rather mundane character (or even a bad guy), Ben Kingsley always turns in a Grade A performance. Ever since I became aware of him with Gandhi, I've been noticing his career in film.
Back to Top