Adieu

Adieu

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Aug 15
1 edit

After being a subscriber for 5+ years, I decided to check out the forums. It has been one month.

Conclusion: Hanging out in here is neither a productive use of my time nor is it any fun, so much to the sadness of many of you, lol, I'm done. I much prefer chess where I have played and chatted with hundreds of players. And along the way, have met some really interesting, compassionate, insightful people from all over the globe. Always friendly, respectful and eager to share their views, a laugh, or a chess tip or two. Very much unlike forums where it seems like the unhappy and the unpleasant choose to congregate. (I apologize to the very few in here who actually have been quite civil...)

CLEARLY I do not understand why people in forums are so combative. lol And what purpose it serves in their lives other than to make them feel "smart" about always being "right." Maybe it is their only venue to be heard by others. I haven't a clue, but it must satisfy some need. Especially for those who have been posting arrogant, hateful comments in these forums for years...

I envision some of you as Ted Kaccynski types (a.k.a. "Unabomber"πŸ˜‰ and it is a bit troubling. I hope you stumble upon some goodness in your travels which might reboot your life perhaps.

Best wishes to you all - even those who are excitedly conjuring up their final offensive post to me at this very moment -lol - actually ESPECIALLY to those people πŸ˜‰

Back to chess....!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Aug 15
3 edits

Originally posted by Landisqueen170
After being a subscriber for 5+ years, I decided to check out the forums. It has been one month.

Conclusion: Hanging out in here is neither a productive use of my time nor is it any fun, so much to the sadness of many of you, lol, I'm done. I much prefer chess where I have played and chatted with hundreds of players. And along the way, have met some ...[text shortened]... ve post to me at this very moment -lol - actually ESPECIALLY to those people πŸ˜‰

Back to chess....
So soon? "Back to chess...." An international chess icon [Emil.M Reubens of Russia and later the Boylston Chess Club in Boston which has since moved to a northern suburb] once told me in my twenties: "Bobby, chess is the second best game; the best game in town is the talking game" (Please Google the website for his biography). Wow. I for one will miss your refreshing objective presence here more than you have the relevant frames of reference to know. Godspeed on you safe return one day soon. Meanwhile, how about an unrated conversational chess game [Standard or preferably Fischer Random 960]? Please message your reply. Also, are you an avid NFL Fan? Kind regards, Bob

Read a book!

Moves
28 Aug 15

Conclusion: Hanging out in here is neither a productive use of my time nor is it any fun, so much to the sadness of many of you, lol, I'm done. I much prefer chess where I have played and chatted with hundreds of players. And along the way, have met so ...[text shortened]... st to me at this very moment -lol - actually ESPECIALLY to those people πŸ˜‰

Back to chess....!
Count to 10.

For every jerk like Red Night posting in the forums there are 9 good people you'd enjoy knowing.

A month isn't long enough to make a fair judgment

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
28 Aug 15

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
28 Aug 15

Good riddance.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
28 Aug 15
1 edit

Conclusion: Hanging out in here is neither a productive use of my time nor is it any fun, so much to the sadness of many of you, lol, I'm done. I much prefer chess where I have played and chatted with hundreds of players. And along the way, have met so ...[text shortened]... st to me at this very moment -lol - actually ESPECIALLY to those people πŸ˜‰

Back to chess....!
missing you already

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Aug 15

Originally posted by Seitse
Good riddance.
πŸ˜΅πŸ˜‰

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Aug 15

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Aug 15

Back to chess....!
"Ted Kaczynskis"...really? One clash with Red Night who is the perennial visiting (TSM) lameo troll and you're making this kind of sweeping generalisation about the rest of us!

These forums are excellent fun, but you have to learn to roll with the punches a little and lower your expectations. You wouldn't go into a pub and expect to find people sitting in small groups singing Kumbaya or reciting sonnets would you? Well perhaps you shouldn't expect this place to be an online version of the People's Friend.

Go away for a day or two and have a word with yourself and then come back and relax πŸ™‚

Best, dg

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
You wouldn't go into a pub and expect to find people sitting in small groups singing Kumbaya or reciting sonnets would you?
They do in Slough i heard!

RHP Member No.16

Moves
28 Aug 15

The GF has always been a place to just hang out if you don't have anything better to do. This is where to come if you are looking for drama, crudeness, bullying and other forms of stupidity. Everyone is welcome here, but do not expect too much.

If you are looking for an intelligent or serious exchange you should probably look somewhere else. I have for many years considered the GF the RHP litter box. Members come here and sling lots of 'stuff' around. It gets buried eventually, and then when things get boring someone digs it back up again and plays with it some more.

Things don't change very much here in the GF, it's pretty much the same game with different players over time, but it's actually nice to have it. It helps keep the group amused and in one location!

There can be an occasional interesting thread in the GF but you will have to look hard to find it sometimes.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
The GF has always been a place to just hang out if you don't have anything better to do. This is where to come if you are looking for drama, crudeness, bullying and other forms of stupidity. Everyone is welcome here, but do not expect too much.

If you are looking for an intelligent or serious exchange you should probably look somewhere else. I have for ...[text shortened]... an occasional interesting thread in the GF but you will have to look hard to find it sometimes.
As one of Red Hot Pawn's first members since February, 2001, you would certainly be in a position to make an assessment of this forum. Thank you.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
29 Aug 15
2 edits

Back to chess....!
passive-aggressive much?

You say something inane, I point it out and you accuse me of some sort of personal attack on you.

Then you come in here crying and playing the victim and call me the unabomber?

The irony is palpable.

The classic response of "good riddance" has never been more richly deserved.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
"Ted Kaczynskis"...really? One clash with Red Night who is the perennial visiting (TSM) lameo troll and you're making this kind of sweeping generalisation about the rest of us!

These forums are excellent fun, but you have to learn to roll with the punches a little and lower your expectations. You wouldn't go into a pub and expect to find people sitt ...[text shortened]... away for a day or two and have a word with yourself and then come back and relax πŸ™‚

Best, dg
or just shove it up your jaksy

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally posted by mwmiller

If you are looking for an intelligent or serious exchange you should probably look somewhere else. I have for ...[text shortened]... occasional interesting thread in the GF but you will have to look hard to find it sometimes.
[/b]
pompous or what..