1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 18:361 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Try your local library. They might have a chess club. (Our one is on a Saturday, which isn't really convenient).
    We have a club that meets here once a week. I know the guy who runs it, in fact I taught him how to play, now his rating is around yours and he has beaten some experts in games. This was back in 1993 we met, have been friends ever since. It would be just a matter of finding out what day they meet on now and where they hold their club games as they have moved around a bit. I do much better in OBG'S as I take my time and don't move as quickly as I do on here.

-VR
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 00:33
    @great-big-stees said
    For some reason we used to have fish on Fridays in spite of the fact that we ere not Catholic. 🤔
    Interestingly, so did we, and we were never Catholic, either.

Many VFW clubs and Elk's clubs around here have public fish frys on Friday. You go in, pay a few bucks, and have a nice dinner and some conversation with some nice older gentlemen and ladies (mostly vets).
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 14:21
    @suzianne said
    Interestingly, so did we, and we were never Catholic, either.

Many VFW clubs and Elk's clubs around here have public fish frys on Friday. You go in, pay a few bucks, and have a nice dinner and some conversation with some nice older gentlemen and ladies (mostly vets).
    That happens in our town too but not weekly but maybe twice a month. We also have something called "regeneration" which is a meal offered in the basement of one of the other churches every Tuesday. It's a pay what you can, with the proceeds donated to the local food bank.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree