1. Joined
    18 Oct '03
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 19:42
    I’ve recently published a couple of Kindle e-books which will be available to download FREE OF CHARGE for five days from 5/11/15 - 9/11/15 on Amazon. I would appreciate any honest reviews, good or bad, that anyone might post there. The author is Michael Ceillier and the titles are: While I Lie Dying and Where Nothing Ever Happens.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 19:49
    Originally posted by M Ceillier
    I’ve recently published a couple of Kindle e-books which will be available to download FREE OF CHARGE for five days from 5/11/15 - 9/11/15 on Amazon. I would appreciate any honest reviews, good or bad, that anyone might post there. The author is Michael Ceillier and the titles are: While I Lie Dying and Where Nothing Ever Happens.
    Congratulations, are they also available for purchase on Amazon?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 23:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Congratulations, are they also available for purchase on Amazon?
    Presumably after the free period he mentioned finishes on the 9th November. Would you rather pay?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 23:55
    Originally posted by M Ceillier
    Could you tell us a bit about them please; genre, content, sex, violence, murder, philosophy, etc?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 00:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Presumably after the free period he mentioned finishes on the 9th November. Would you rather pay?
    This eleven year old laptop doesn't have the application software which supports "Kindle e-books" downloads.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 00:12
    This eleven year old laptop doesn't have the application software which supports "Kindle e-books" downloads.
    You meant purchase as a paperback. I see.

11 year old laptop; what is it? LOL
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 00:35
    You meant purchase as a paperback. I see.

11 year old laptop; what is it? LOL
    "Hewlett Packard" Wide Screen Laptop.

Do you also have a laptop?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 00:45

Do you also have a laptop?
    Yes. I use an iPad most of the time though?

I'm impressed that you have kept a laptop going that is 11 years old.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 01:35

Thanks to my son who does GotoAssist (sp) to perform brain surgery whenever there are disabling malfunctions, serious virus or other risks.
  10. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 01:591 edit
    There's a free kindle for PC app (will work on a laptop):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page

You'll then be able to get the Kindle e-books and read them on the laptop.
    The book offer (from OP) is for Kindle unlimited ™ - if you're not in that then the books are £1.99 each (at least when I looked just now they were).

Edit: The Amazon.co.uk book links are -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/While-Lie-Dying-Michael-Ceillier-ebook/dp/B0151PG3L8/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Nothing-Happens-Michael-Ceillier-ebook/dp/B00X1GL6NU/
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 03:251 edit
    Originally posted by orangutan
    There's a free kindle for PC app (will work on a laptop):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page

You'll then be able to get the Kindle e-books and read them on the laptop.
    The book offer (from OP) is for Kindle unlimited ™ - if you're not in that then the books are £1.99 each (at least when I looked just now they were).

Edit: The ...[text shortened]... B0151PG3L8/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Nothing-Happens-Michael-Ceillier-ebook/dp/B00X1GL6NU/
    orangutan, how thoughtful of you to provide this information and these websites. Wonder if my laptop's storage capacity will be adequate or if the books can be deleted. In the past I've read a few books online on "pdf" (sp) format websites. Thanks for your help.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 06:05
    Hang on to that, Bob. It may be worth its weight in gold someday. A running Apple-1 recently sold at for auction 900,000 bucks.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/10/22/apple-1-computer-sold-at-auction-for-905000.html

(I'm hanging onto my pre-Intel Mac PowerPC, now 10 yrs. old and still running.)
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 06:09
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Hang on to that, Bob. It may be worth its weight in gold someday. A running Apple-1 recently sold at for auction 900,000 bucks.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/10/22/apple-1-computer-sold-at-auction-for-905000.html

(I'm hanging onto my pre-Intel Mac PowerPC, now 10 yrs. old and still running.)
    I'll give you 10 bucks for it Bob.
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 06:18

I have an Acer purchased somewhere in the late 90's. Still runs, albeit Linux, to play music as a glorified jukebox in my entertainment area.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 07:561 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I have an Acer purchased somewhere in the late 90's. Still runs, albeit Linux, to play music as a glorified jukebox in my entertainment area.
    Being an IT person I presume you will have had to perform some significant repairs over that time? I had an Acer from early 2000's but it was pretty crap I have to say; keyboard went, then the screen, then had drive issues. Upgraded it to an HP but that wasn't much better; hinges broke and constant overheating issues.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree