1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 00:19
    Is it just me or has this show gotten better?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 03:21
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Is it just me or has this show gotten better?
    "Common Sense Media says, Racy parody mocks American family life; mature teens only. not for kids. What parents need to know: Parents need to know that this animated comedy from the creator of the cult hit Family Guy relies on sexual humor, fantasy violence, strong language, and general absurdity to get laughs. Many of the jokes come at the expense of the show's lead character, a right-wing conservative C.I.A. agent who's emotionally disconnected from his family and his work. Drinking, smoking, drug use, domestic violence, the socioeconomic divide, racial inequality -- all are fair game for the humor pool in this parody of modern American life. Needless to say, little about this series attempts to reflect reality, but adults will get some knowing chuckles over the way the show thumbs its figurative nose at the state of American politics and the economy, as well as the inner workings of a family of vastly different personalities...."

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/american-dad

In what ways do you think the show may have gotten better, Trev?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 12:50
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Common Sense Media says, Racy parody mocks American family life; mature teens only. not for kids. What parents need to know: Parents need to know that this animated comedy from the creator of the cult hit Family Guy relies on sexual humor, fantasy violence, strong language, and general absurdity to get laughs. Many of the jokes come at the expense of t ...[text shortened]... .org/tv-reviews/american-dad

In what ways do you think the show may have gotten better, Trev?
    While I sometimes find the humor of Family Guy to be a little sharp at times (it has actually made me wince to hear an especially razor-sharp, 'to-the-bone' bit of humor), I find the irreverant (especially to politics and government) humor of American Dad to be LOL funny. Roger is hysterical.

To be sure, these aren't 'cartoons for kids'.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 13:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    While I sometimes find the humor of Family Guy to be a little sharp at times (it has actually made me wince to hear an especially razor-sharp, 'to-the-bone' bit of humor), I find the irreverant (especially to politics and government) humor of American Dad to be LOL funny. Roger is hysterical.

To be sure, these aren't 'cartoons for kids'.
    I prefer Family Guy, Brain and Stewie are probably the best double act in adult cartoon history. Some of the 'joke' are a bit raw but that's why i love it. American Dad always seemed to be a more boring knock off of Family Guy to me but the last season or two has gotten a lot better.

I think it relies on Rodger to much to add comedy, much like Futurama did with Bender, the rest just aren't funny. Although the fish does have it moments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree