Amnesty International

Standard memberRemoved
General 06 Mar '18 14:58
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 14:58
    What's going on with amnesty international? I contacted them on their website, listed myself as a vulnerable person who is concerned their human rights have been taken away and received an email back saying that it's the UK site and mostly deals in promotions. Am I meant to contact a foreign counterpart. Sorry to ask here but where do you go when Amnesty aren't being particularly useful. Is this normal?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 08:541 edit
    I mean what do you do when even your doctors turn their back on you? Nobody to even complain to.*taps mic* This thing on?
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 10:30
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    I mean what do you do when even your doctors turn their back on you? Nobody to even complain to.*taps mic* This thing on?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Court_of_Human_Rights

This is probably what you need.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:062 edits
    Thanks.Its just we don't have a sue culture over here but still have the knock on effects. It's effectively incapacitated the mainstream rights.

Because I contacted human rights lawyers, was deliberately vague and still got a 'No' . Should they be allowed to cherry-pick when there's no other recourse?
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:18
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Thanks.Its just we don't have a sue culture over here but still have the knock on effects. It's effectively incapacitated the mainstream rights.

Because I contacted human rights lawyers, was deliberately vague and still got a 'No' . Should they be allowed to cherry-pick when there's no other recourse?
    Indeed the law-yer may know exactly was the law says and what Courts decided.

Maybe your Situation is not such a grievance as you make it out to be?

I would offer you a Coaching session, but not on a public Forum 😉
  6. Joined
    08 Mar '18
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:241 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Indeed the law-yer may know exactly was the law says and what Courts decided.

Maybe your Situation is not such a grievance as you make it out to be?

I would offer you a Coaching session, but not on a public Forum 😉
    We haven't got to the discussing grievances stage. Its a bit like not being taught the rules to being a pedestrian. Its viewed as something you should kinda know but most pedestrians don't know they have right of way for cars making left turns. Its extremely rare for human rights to be abused here in the UK but it does go on.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 10:3411 edits
    This is so weird. I got convicted of an offence after coming out of hospital with a head injury, put in a holding cell as alcohol dependent with a fresh head injury and was held there for 3 days without medical attention. Upon release I was then convicted of a further, more serious offence. I have tried now, for years, to get somebody to talk to about it with no success.

I've finally decided I'm not going to get any help and to go it alone. Now the IPCC, whom
    I'm raising a complaint with say they're considering not investigating it because I've waited
    too long.

I mean WTF am I meant to do with little or no support? Starting to think human rights are a load of BS.

I've had to overcome alcohol, depression and anxiety to get this far, only to get kicked in the teeth.

Also, I have a half-brother in the brotherhood who's standing idly by watching myself and
    my/his mum suffer throughout.

Is that what they mean by 'brotherhood'? Even had to sleep rough when he owned properties
    throughout the county. Nice.

At one point they shut me down so hard they wouldn't so much as let me use a telephone
    throughout 2 cities. Had to wonder back and forth miles on a broken foot. Wouldn't let my 80+ yo mum use the toilets at the jobcentre etc.

It goes on and on and on.

This same brother, my father worked himself to an early grave to pay off his debts for and he gained his property/money by putting up our house up as guarantee.

I'm starting to think this 'brotherhood' isn't all that it seems.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree