1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 16:101 edit
    Posting here for best exposure - anyone here running Android 8 and the RHP Android app?

If you are, you are probably experiencing problems (crashes?) when RHP notifications should occur. Would you like to help beta test a fix for this (actually a major change to the way notifications work)? If so, either post here, or send a message, so I can add you as a beta tester, and release an update just for you guys (initially).
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 16:13
    Originally posted by @russ
    Posting here for best exposure - anyone here running Android 8 and the RHP Android app?

If you are, you are probably experiencing problems (crashes?) when RHP notifications should occur. Would you like to help beta test a fix for this (actually a major change to the way notifications work)? If so, either post here, or send a message, so I can add you as a beta tester, and release an update just for you guys (initially).
    Mine is Android 7. Too far back?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 16:251 edit
    Yes, to clarify, Google made a significant change to Android 8, which breaks the existing notification system on the App.

Fortunately, only a few users with high end phones are likely to experience this right now - but Android 8 will be getting pushed out to many more phones over the coming couple of months, so a fix is urgently needed.

As a result of all this, we will moving closer to true "push" notifications. (A few minutes lag might remain though before you are notified of a move)

Edit: iOS will be receiving the same update soon after (Jan 2018)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree