1. Joined
    23 Apr '15
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 02:42
    i was looking for games and i searched Anguilla (the country) and there were 28 players there 20 of them p1200 and 5 others still provisional one was banned (this is not included in the total amount) so i am wondering what is happening?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 04:02
    Originally posted by PaulTheLion
    i was looking for games and i searched Anguilla (the country) and there were 28 players there 20 of them p1200 and 5 others still provisional one was banned (this is not included in the total amount) so i am wondering what is happening?
    they are all grandmasters. once they see how weak the competition is here, they leave without bothering. all except for that one who was banned. . . . . engine user, pure and simple.

occam's razor. . . .when you have a simple explanation, one that is more complicated is not likely to be the one
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 06:191 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    they are all grandmasters. once they see how weak the competition is here, they leave without bothering. all except for that one who was banned. . . . . engine user, pure and simple.

occam's razor. . . .when you have a simple explanation, one that is more complicated is not likely to be the one
    "Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." and "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." ~Albert Einstein (1879-1958)
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 07:06
    Originally posted by PaulTheLion
    Anguilla is a tropical island group with a total population around 15,000, which equals about one country town. I can think of any number of reasons for the numbers you found, one being that the climate wouldn't tend to encourage indoor activities like chess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree