1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 17:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you figure it's ok if in the course of history people like him win out and sharia law is in place in the entire world? You would not mind living under sharia law? Where women are encoded forever as second class citizens, fully owned by the men in the family and such and she gets stoned to death if she falls for another man?

Like I have always said, I ...[text shortened]... , well I guess Muslims go to hell according to the bible. But hey, just business as usual right?
    You have obviously misinterpreted my post.

For the record, my position is that I don't believe in religion !!

The point of my post is that almost all religions work off the same framework of morality.

That some religions are more violent than others should not let some of the more "peaceful" religions off the hook.

Case in point .... Religious freedom legislation introduced in some states in US.
    That some office clerk could deny a marriage license to a couple because of sexual orientation is NOT religious freedom.
    It is a practice of imposing one's beliefs on others !!
    Technically, a heterosexual couple engaging in pre-marital sex could have the same problems getting a marriage license.

The extremists may blow themselves up in public, but the repressive thinking exists all over.

I just think that humanity should not be led by those that are frightened of humanity.
    Just my opinion. 🙂
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 17:28
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    You have obviously misinterpreted my post.

For the record, my position is that I don't believe in religion !!

The point of my post is that almost all religions work off the same framework of morality.

That some religions are more violent than others should not let some of the more "peaceful" religions off the hook.

Case in point .... Religious f ...[text shortened]... that humanity should not be led by those that are frightened of humanity.
    Just my opinion. 🙂
    I have always said I want freedom FROM religion. I would like to go to some planet that has no religion but has nice people who are empathic.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 17:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have always said I want freedom FROM religion. I would like to go to some planet that has no religion but has nice people who are empathic.
    Then we are on the same page. 🙂
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 18:15
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Then we are on the same page. 🙂
    I tell the religious set I don't think a god would set up such a cruel system where there are religions at each other's throats for thousands of years and they typically answer, Oh so now you know the mind of god....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree