1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 02:07
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I love Picassos, they are so expressive!!
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 11:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 13:21
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I love Picassos, they are so expressive!!
    Yes they certainly are. I saw quite a few in Barcelona before my banishment.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 15:12
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    They are certainly expensive. I just saw an ad for a 2009 Picasso wagon for $21,000 US! That is a lot for a 5 year old car.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 17:03
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Yes they certainly are. I saw quite a few in Barcelona before my banishment.
    Banished from Barcelona!

Oh, the embarrassment.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 17:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Banished from Barcelona!

Oh, the embarrassment.
    It was actually Spain but Barcelona was where all the Piccasos were which I saw just off the Ramblas.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 17:10
    Originally posted by JS357
    Losing power steering while underway could instantly require a great deal of strength to steer the car into a turn. Get to a stop as soon as safely possible.
    This is true, for the most part.

Months ago, I was way over on the west side of town (can't remember why, I almost never make that trip) when I lost all power steering on my 2003 Saturn Ion3. I made the trip home (about 30 miles) mainly by sticking to one road almost the whole way (therefore no turns). I only had to make a detour off that road once I got within a half-mile of my house. I managed to avoid a trip to the mechanic because Saturn Ions use "electrically assisted power steering". No belt to a power steering unit. I only had to change a fuse. Easy-peasy and way cheaper than a belt change.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 22:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is true, for the most part.

Months ago, I was way over on the west side of town (can't remember why, I almost never make that trip) when I lost all power steering on my 2003 Saturn Ion3. I made the trip home (about 30 miles) mainly by sticking to one road almost the whole way (therefore no turns). I only had to make a detour off that road once I g ...[text shortened]... wer steering unit. I only had to change a fuse. Easy-peasy and way cheaper than a belt change.
    That sounds like a great idea, electrical steering. So much less mechanical and hydraulic BS to deal with. I had a problem with power steering on our Sante Fe, it squealed like a stuck pig. This went on for a long time till I googled what to do to change the pump, and one word of advice was the first thing to check is this filter screen in the fluid container. I lucked out big time because that was the problem.

It seemed the power steering fluid can get gummed up after years of use and it tends to clog the screen and when that happens the system gets starved for fluid and screams out mightily, FIX ME, FIX ME🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree