1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 17:26
    If you're going to start another one up, you should only use new pictures of members who willingly submit them and NOT use the old pictures of players who are no longer here and do not give their consent for their photo to be used. Not a big deal but seems ethical, in my opinion.
  2. In your face
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 17:29
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Maybe this thread should be sticky...

Does anybody know if Gatecrasher will continue to host that page, or if there is any way to preserve it if not?
    I'm not sure who his acquaintances were on here. Looks like he has left the site and it might be hard contacting him. If you want the photos preserving, might be an idea to swipe the photos from the website as they might not be there forever.

As for having a new RHP faces page, it wouldn't be too hard. All it needs is a wix account or blog or something setting up. Either that or we could ask the RHP Facebook page admin to grant permission to upload all photos to there.
  3. In your face
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 17:36
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If you're going to start another one up, you should only use new pictures of members who willingly submit them and NOT use the old pictures of players who are no longer here and do not give their consent for their photo to be used. Not a big deal but seems ethical, in my opinion.
    That did cross my mind but haven't those people already given permission by submitting their photos in the first place? It maybe a different website, but the photos are still being used in the same context, that they agreed to in the first place.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 17:40
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    That did cross my mind but haven't those people already given permission by submitting their photos in the first place? It maybe a different website, but the photos are still being used in the same context, that they agreed to in the first place.
    Maybe they don't want their picture used anymore? I'm not looking at it from a legal standpoint, more a polite and friendly standpoint. Plus, what use are those old pictures anyway? 95% of those players aren't here anymore or at least do not post in the forums.

(You're really pretty in your picture)
  5. In your face
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 17:46
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Maybe they don't want their picture used anymore? I'm not looking at it from a legal standpoint, more a polite and friendly standpoint. Plus, what use are those old pictures anyway? 95% of those players aren't here anymore or at least do not post in the forums.

(You're really pretty in your picture)
    Yeah you do have a point. Most of them would be irrelevant now.

Yes I used to be a stunner.

I thought you were long gone from here.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 18:38
    In my opinion, they're all part of the RHP community ragardless of whether they are still active or not. It doesn't make any difference. They helped to make this site what it is today and so are part of the RHP family.

As far as permission, they did provide those pictures voluntarily already or they would not be on that old website. I would expect if a new site for pictures is created and someone at any time asks that their picture be removed, the picture would be removed.

But as I said, that's just my opinion.
  7. In your face
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 18:53
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    In my opinion, they're all part of the RHP community ragardless of whether they are still active or not. It doesn't make any difference. They helped to make this site what it is today and so are part of the RHP family.

As far as permission, they did provide those pictures voluntarily already or they would not be on that old website. I would expect if ...[text shortened]... heir picture be removed, the picture would be removed.

Do we know who the facebook page admin is then? Is it Russ. Maybe we could ask them if we can add the photos.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 18:57

As far as permission, they did provide those pictures voluntarily already or they would not be on that old website. I would expect if ...[text shortened]... heir picture be removed, the picture would be removed.

Fine. Courtesy be damned. Who cares, really?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 20:10

"They helped to make this site what it is today and so are part of the RHP family."

Well said.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 21:30
    I agree with darv. I'd rather not be on Facebook.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 21:31
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I agree with darv. I'd rather not be on Facebook.
    Do you "do" facebook?...I don't.
  12. In your face
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 21:42
    If it's going to be soooooooo controversial I'll leave it then.

No problem.
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 21:45
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Do we know who the facebook page admin is then? Is it Russ. Maybe we could ask them if we can add the photos.
    I have no idea who the facebook admin is, but suspect that it is Russ.

The simplest way is for each person who wants to share a photo of themself to upload it to their profile page, and there it is to see. The option is already in place so nothing further needs to be done. Just make sure the dimensions and size are in accordance with the existing limits.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 21:52
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Do you "do" facebook?...I don't.
    I've had my share of bad habits, believe me. Facebook won't be one of them.
  15. In your face
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 20:25
    New RHP Faces site set up if anyone should want to add their ugly mug: -

http://jameswalker7.wix.com/rhp-faces

For photo submissions, please PM me or go to the submissions page on the website.

Cheers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree