General Forum

General Forum

1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 06:111 edit
    If you are concerned by the way modern football (soccer) is financed, marketed, and increasingly estranged from the fans, families and communities that once sustained it, you might enjoy the latest episode of the Bryn & Bill Football Show (a couple of friends of mine) which broadcast its "Against Modern Football Special" last night on a local radio station in the U.K.

Stream here: http://tinyurl.com/meny3c4

I have posted this here on this forum because it's not so much about the football itself but, instead, is more a general interest programme about communities, economics, racism, history, geography, childhood, the state of Britain in the C21st etc.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 07:24
    Well worth a watch:
    YouTube
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 10:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you are concerned by the way modern football (soccer) is financed, marketed, and increasingly estranged from the fans, families and communities that once sustained it, you might enjoy the latest episode of the Bryn & Bill Football Show (a couple of friends of mine) which broadcast its [b]"Against Modern Football Special" last night on a local radio statio ...[text shortened]... ities, economics, racism, history, geography, childhood, the state of Britain in the C21st etc.[/b]
    football sold its soul for money
    average players on £100 000 a week,
    apart from celtic at least scottish football is more realistic no millionaire posers in my team st johnstone, local plumbers etc get paid more, but the love of the game is what its about.
    wonder what will happen in england if sky sports go broke?
    the brexit merchants of doom say we will be skint soon, now if sky subs are cancelled how many clubs will fold?
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 15:10
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Well worth a watch:
    [youtube]lLCZZAheNSU[/youtube]
    good one
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 16:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you are concerned by the way modern football (soccer) is financed, marketed, and increasingly estranged from the fans, families and communities that once sustained it, you might enjoy the latest episode of the Bryn & Bill Football Show (a couple of friends of mine) which broadcast its [b]"Against Modern Football Special" last night on a local radio statio ...[text shortened]... ities, economics, racism, history, geography, childhood, the state of Britain in the C21st etc.[/b]
    Football?

I'm thinking the Bengals will go all the way this year................................................NOT!
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 14:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Well worth a watch:
    [youtube]lLCZZAheNSU[/youtube]
    What about:

YouTube