1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 00:32
    Originally posted by rookie54
    ...Thank you, God Bless you, and may He forever bless these United States of America.
    Excellent speech. Relatively short - only 18 minutes. Inequality. Sustainable energy. Environment.

Only the 17th U.S. president to get a second term. Well done to Obama. And best wishes to all Americans on this day when you can perhaps reflect upon all the things that unify you, the values you have in common, and all the blessings you enjoy.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 00:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Excellent speech. Relatively short - only 18 minutes. Inequality. Sustainable energy. Environment.

Only the 17th U.S. president to get a second term. Well done to Obama. And best wishes to all Americans on this day when you can perhaps reflect upon all the things that unify you, the values you have in common, and all the blessings you enjoy.
    Blow it out your nose pinko. 😛
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 00:44
    I hear that neither G.W.Bush nor Romney attended. Poor show, I think. Political opponents need - at times like this - to rise above their partisanship and demonstrate respect for institutions such as the office of president of your republic.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 00:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    I hear that neither G.W.Bush nor Romney attended. Poor show, I think. Political opponents need - at times like this - to rise above their partisanship and demonstrate respect for institutions such as the office of president of your republic.
    They were in attendance at an Illuminati Skull and Bones luncheon at the time, they sent Barry an invite, but he declined.
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 03:31
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    You'll have to explain that to me, me being Eurotrash.
    Gotta at least give you credit for admitting you gave CP a thumbs down.
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 03:331 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    GW Bush? Partisanship?

Just one of (pick one at random) any of Obama's speeches contains more partisanship than Bush showed in his entire 8 years as Prez.

But, living about as far as anyone possibly could from the USA, you wouldn't know that.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 03:46
    Originally posted by sumydid
    GW Bush? Partisanship?

Just one of (pick one at random) any of Obama's speeches contains more partisanship than Bush showed in his entire 8 years as Prez.

But, living about as far as anyone possibly could from the USA, you wouldn't know that.
    I think G.W.Bush and Romney should have put partisanship aside and attended the inauguration.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 03:521 edit
    Obama is a Democratic Party president and so I would expect him to make the kind of speeches a Democrat would make, just as Bush made hundreds of speeches as a Republican president. Politicians make partisan speeches; it is their stock-in-trade. Obama's speech at his inauguration yesterday seemed to be a good one. A presidential swearing-in should be a time for Americans to put aside differences for an hour or two, at least. It's peculiar - and a little disappointing - that Romney and Bush failed to turn up. Last similar snub was Dukakis in 1989 apparently.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 03:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think it would have been "interesting" if Romney had made the maximum-goodies contribution to the inaugural fund, and had thereby been in there for all the close-in stuff. I guess he's not quite that committed to change. 😀
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 05:36
    Obama may be better loved in Canada than in parts of his own country!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 15:541 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    The one place you hear most of the Obama hate these days is conservative talk radio. You know, where the hosts all make considerable money and they pander to a certain audience.

He wouldn't have won the election without a significant portion of the population agreeing with his ideas. He's not nearly far enough to the left for my tastes, though.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 16:29
    GW Bush? Partisanship?

Well, it's about time liberals get some respect. Reagan made the word "Liberal" seem obscene ("the L word" ). Thank God we're past that. My problem is that Obama could have called his re-election as a mandate for the people vs. Corporate America, which it was, but he dropped the ball and didn't go quite far enough in forcing Boehner to drop his support of the ultra-rich over the average American, in my opinion.
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 19:17
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Which country is that then?

Hawaii USA?
    Kenya?
    Indonesia?
    Ireland?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 04:47
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Which country is that then?

Hawaii USA?
    Kenya?
    Indonesia?
    Ireland?
    You're not half as smart as you appear! 😛
  15. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:43
    Gotta at least give you credit for admitting you gave CP a thumbs down.
    I didn't give CP a thumbs down.
    I never give anyone a thumb for anything.

But I did give CP a thumbs up the other day
    for his posting of a famous speech by MLK.

I HAVE A DREAM........ usually a wet one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree