1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 03:421 edit
    In the Southern US you can still find the occasional cock fighting match. Wagering is heavy, the action fast and brutal and the bourbon sweats from your every pore. Not for the faint of heart, but, certainly something worth seeing.

As a particularly vicious black cockerel tore apart a lesser fowl, I was asked if I'd ever seen anything like it. I immediately thought back to youth and having to pay my way through school. We'd organize beaver pit fights during the winter months. We'd spend long hours training special terriers to ferret beavers out of their winter dens. Once the dogs pinned the beavers we'd tear open the top of the den and extract the toothy beasts.

I know, I know, beavers are hardly thought of as vicious creatures much less deadly pit fighters. You'd be right of course, but, you clamp a pair of vise grips on a beavers balls and he'll fight anything. Those teeth will tear through a tree like butter and make short work of any limb they sink into. My champion beaver actually seemed to enjoy it after awhile and I know he'd have destroyed these silly chickens.
  2. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 04:04
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    In the Southern US you can still find the occasional cock fighting match. Wagering is heavy, the action fast and brutal and the bourbon sweats from your every pore. Not for the faint of heart, but, certainly something worth seeing.

As a particularly vicious black cockerel tore apart a lesser fowl, I was asked if I'd ever seen anything like it. I ...[text shortened]... er actually seemed to enjoy it after awhile and I know he'd have destroyed these silly chickens.
    Beavers vs Cocks. Interesting.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 05:14
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    YouTube
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 14:53
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyd7tFeynqE
    Think that guys thigh ever recovered? Kinda like a beaver tail slapping the water eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree