Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:37
    I wondered what my life was missing.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 06:19
    Originally posted by @momu191
    The cycling cap is an essential piece of kit. It serves both form and function. It keeps the sweat or rain out of your eyes, it shields you from the low sun in the Spring and Autumn, it keeps your head warm, and last but not least, it’s part of the cyclist’s quirky look.
    Can be functional material, like moisture-absorbing material
    Material: microfiber, we ...[text shortened]... NTbike cap manufacturers
    website:http://www.arwin-gifts8.com/caps-and-knitted-hats/cycling-cap/
    Cyclists are hazard, they are ignorant of road safety, they don’t have insurance, they don’t pass a test to use the road, they undertake, they jump lights and expect motorists to treat them like a vehicle when they hold up the entire line of traffic because they are too selfish to pull over.

Asholes the lot of you in your stupid spandex shorts.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 06:59
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Cyclists are hazard, they are ignorant of road safety, they don’t have insurance, they don’t pass a test to use the road, they undertake, they jump lights and expect motorists to treat them like a vehicle when they hold up the entire line of traffic because they are too selfish to pull over.

So I am the good cyclist, not wearing spandex and keeping the rules?

This SPAM-thread is here to stay.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 08:051 edit
    Originally posted by @ponderable

This SPAM-thread is here to stay.
    Don't bother. No Limey is intelligent when it comes to bikes. They're all either rabidly against or stupidly fanatic, they ride mountain bikes on town roads - you'll struggle to find a normal, everyday bike in the entire country - they do indeed dress up in lycra and track suits for an ordinary commute, and they use it as yet another of their famous class separators. Both a cycling Brit who encounters a car and a driving Brit who encounters a bicycle immediately turns into a frothing lunatic.

And they will not learn. Even the anti-bike ones regard the Netherlands as some kind of bicycle heaven where we somehow have found the One Magic Ingredient that makes living witj bikes possible. Either it's that we're flat (so's Lincs), or we have a speshul maggic kind of cycle path (we don't), or it's the weed (er... no). Tell them that the real difference is that we don't treat the bicycle as a Special Thing Straight out of Heaven/Hell, as they do, but as an ordinary part of traffic to be regulated just as pedestrians and trams are - they refuse to accept it. They'll insist that all bikes must be on the road/all bikes must be off the road everywhere/bikers are maniac idiots/automobilists are maniac idiot murderers. They're all maniac idiots when it comes to bikes, and they Will. Not. Learn.

So don't bother trying to teach them. It's like the Merkins and their guns.
  6. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 08:32

Harsh but true.
  7. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 08:32
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I wondered what my life was missing.
    LOL
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 10:351 edit
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    I only have your word and opinion on that 😛
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 10:37
    Originally posted by @the-gravedigger
    Harsh but true.
    It is little harsh but it gets the topic some airing 🙂
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 14:021 edit
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Don't bother. No Limey is intelligent when it comes to bikes. They're all either rabidly against or stupidly fanatic, they ride mountain bikes on town roads - you'll struggle to find a normal, everyday bike in the entire country - they do indeed dress up in lycra and track suits for an ordinary commute, and they use it as yet another of their famous cl ...[text shortened]... Will. Not. Learn.

So don't bother trying to teach them. It's like the Merkins and their guns.
    After almost getting killed twice by inattentive road-hog drivers, I did myself a favor and got a Peloton indoor bike. Now I can do my daily miles without taking time to get to my training area, setting up, bike maintenance and safety, and just do the miles without being seconds away from death at any moment. Plus, I don't have to worry too much about heatstroke in the 40+C heat. And I can stream Pandora right to my bike. And I don't need a cap OR a helmet.
  11. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 15:31

You are ignorant of the road safety rules.You said -

''....expect motorists to treat them like a vehicle when they hold up the entire line of traffic because they are too selfish to pull over.'

The Highway Code says --

RULE 163 ‘….give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you  would when overtaking a car.

Also from the highway code under rules for cyclists

‘ride well clear of the kerb - 1 metre away or in the centre of the left lane’

and

‘ride a car-door width away from parked cars’
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 16:43
    Originally posted by @biffo-konker
    You are ignorant of the road safety rules.You said -

''....expect motorists to treat them like a vehicle when they hold up the entire line of traffic because they are too selfish to pull over.'

The Highway Code says --

RULE 163 ‘….give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you  would when overtaking a car.

Also ...[text shortened]... away or in the centre of the left lane’

and

‘ride a car-door width away from parked cars’
    I've never seen a horse on a bike.
  13. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 16:571 edit
    Originally posted by @captain-strange
    a horse on a bike.
    https://tinyurl.com/ycra7q8p

edit
    with a bike cap...
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 21:25
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    After almost getting killed twice by inattentive road-hog drivers...

..without being seconds away from death at any moment...

The life you lead 😉
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 21:263 edits
    Originally posted by @biffo-konker
    You are ignorant of the road safety rules..

The Highway Code says

Blah blah...I hate divegeester ‘cos he voted Brexit...blah blah
    Actually I’m a ROSPA Advanced qualified driver and I am well aware of what the Highway Code says...sonny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree