Bim bam

SubscriberKegge
General 03 Jan '16 10:28
  1. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 10:28
    Kewpie has it correct. I was counting down to Epiphany ( in Dutch: Drie Koningen ). It is custom to make sure your christmas tree and other decorations are removed because you would have a whole year of bad luck if you didn't.

More about Epiphany: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_season#Anglicanism

It was very telling to see how many people here jumped right on me and assuming this countdown was about gb.

It is interesting that gb himself was the very first to tell others it was about him. Because he does think this forum is all about him ( http://www.timeforchess.com/forum/general/tick-tock-tick-tock.166824 )

So for all you hypocrites on your high horses in this forum ... up yours!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 11:11
    Originally posted by Kegge
    Kewpie has it correct. I was counting down to Epiphany...
    It was very telling to see how many people here jumped right on me and assuming this countdown was about gb.
    It is interesting that gb himself was the very first to tell others it was about him....
    Really...? So what was exchange about then:

Only nine days to go.

Reply by drewnogal
    What will you do if he changes his mind?
    Self-combust?

Reply by Kegge
    Just call him out on being the hypocrite I take him for.

Thread 166834 page 1
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 11:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Really...? So what was exchange about then:

Only nine days to go.

Reply by drewnogal
    What will you do if he changes his mind?
    Self-combust?

Reply by Kegge
    [b]Just call him out on being the hypocrite I take him for.

Thread 166834 page 1[/b]
    Who talked about gb? I just answered the question.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 11:41
    Who talked about gb? I just answered the question.
    I'd let it go if I were you.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 12:50
    Kewpie has it correct. I was counting down to Epiphany ( in Dutch: Drie Koningen ). It is custom to make sure your christmas tree and other decorations are removed because you would have a whole year of bad luck if you didn't.

More about Epiphany: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_season#Anglicanism

It was very telling to see how many people here j ...[text shortened]... -tick-tock.166824 )

Sincere gratitude for the chuckle.

Lacking an exit strategy, your attempt to find a different focus for the countdown was highly predictable. (And about as convincing as the acting of Ben Affleck). Front runners for your embarrassed change of direction were:

1. Christmas decorations coming down.
    2. Your hernia operation.
    3. Alien invasion

If it's any consolation you nearly convinced my cat. (Nearly).
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 13:17
    I'd let it go if I were you.
    Here you are telling Kegge to 'let it go' when you have been totally unable and unwilling to 'let it go' all year. I nearly choked on my toast.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 13:211 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Here you are telling Kegge to 'let it go' when you have been totally unable and unwilling to 'let it go' all year. I nearly choked on my toast.
    Don't worry, I will get back to you "passing over" people for saying horrible things because "it's part of their religious beliefs" in due course.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '16 10:251 edit
    Don't worry, I will get back to you "passing over" people for saying horrible things because "it's part of their religious beliefs" in due course.
    Obviously what is "horrible" to you isn't all that "horrible" to me...

...or to any other normal person.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '16 11:52
    Obviously what is "horrible" to you isn't all that "horrible" to me...

...or to any other normal person.
    It's you excusing something because "it is part of their religious beliefs" that is the scary thing. I deeply flawed mindset which allows you to "pass over" something someone does or says because that are in your religious clique.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '16 09:52
    It's you excusing something because "it is part of their religious beliefs" that is the scary thing. I deeply flawed mindset which allows you to "pass over" something someone does or says because that are in your religious clique.
    You really can't handle it that we don't see eye to eye on this, can you? I'm not even going to say that you're missing the point, because I don't think you are. You'd just rather paint me as something I'm not, never mind the facts. FMF would be proud.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '16 10:281 edit
    You really can't handle it that we don't see eye to eye on this, can you? I'm not even going to say that you're missing the point, because I don't think you are. You'd just rather paint me as something I'm not, never mind the facts. FMF would be proud.
    I'm not painting you as anything. What happened was this;
    Grampy Bobby said some awful things about people who commit suicide including them being an insult to God and their families.

You excused him because it you said it "was part of his religious beliefs".

What he said was disgraceful, and what you said was religious fundamentalist partisanism.

You exhibit this attitude consistently in these forums; "passing over" religious craziness, abuse or offence because these people are in your little clique. I'm just calling you in it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree