blindfold chess

blindfold chess

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 Feb 20
1 edit

@lemondrop said
I'm amazed at those who can do it
I never could
any stories or hints at how it's done?
Experience. Experience, experience, experience. Even I, who am not a visual thinker and (bleedin'ell) not a good chess player at all, have learned to visualise a decent few moves into my favourite openings, and the essence of a position that's important to me, after making the effort to do so for a couple of years.

Mind you, it's still something I very much do have to put the effort in to. I can't, usually, visualise the position I'm playing OTB now. One I'm mentally rehearsing, yes. One I played last month and have been analysing repeatedly, yes. The one I'm playing now? Eh, barely. But I am getting better at it. Slowly. And that's all due to practice. So, really, that's the only advice I have for you: practise, practise, practise. And practise.

Moves
19 Feb 20

@very-rusty said
What was the average rating of players?

-VR
Well, it took place in Las Vegas, so I'm not sure their sober rating is relevant... let's say, 1500 minus a Bourbon or two, or a martini or four.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Feb 20
2 edits

@shallow-blue said
Well, it took place in Las Vegas, so I'm not sure their sober rating is relevant... let's say, 1500 minus a Bourbon or two, or a martini or four.
I knew a couple of players back years ago that finished 1rst and 2nd in a tournament and were drunk the whole week-end....after that drinking wasn't allowed in the tournaments....LOL.... They were both very strong players, even so they finished first and second drunk all 3 days. I know it doesn't have anything to do with blindfold chess, just thought it was a funny story.

-VR