1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 19:37
    VR and I managed to play a game just now and the blitz site does seem to work fine for now. The 'exit' box at the top right corner of the page wouldn't work for me on my laptop, but that's a minor thing.

If anyone has problems trying to figure out time zones, your browser probably has an add-on that allows you to list various places and shows their current local time. I use firefox and added 'fox clocks' which works fine on my computer. I have included GMT on my clock list so that works nicely for this idea.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 19:47
    @mwmiller said
    VR and I managed to play a game just now and the blitz site does seem to work fine for now. The 'exit' box at the top right corner of the page wouldn't work for me on my laptop, but that's a minor thing.

If anyone has problems trying to figure out time zones, your browser probably has an add-on that allows you to list various places and shows their current local time. I ...[text shortened]... works fine on my computer. I have included GMT on my clock list so that works nicely for this idea.
    My 'exit' box at the top right corner of page did not work for me either. Also I don't know if you got my message, you may have alread left at the time.

-VR
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 21:161 edit
    @very-rusty said
    My 'exit' box at the top right corner of page did not work for me either. Also I don't know if you got my message, you may have alread left at the time.

-VR
    You can back out though even though the red 'exit' box doesn't seem to work. As you said in your previous note, just a minor thing.

-VR
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 21:20
    Game NOW anyone?
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 21:421 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Game NOW anyone?
    Ok.

10 minute game on offer Wolfy!
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 21:48
    @very-rusty said
    You can back out though even though the red 'exit' box doesn't seem to work. As you said in your previous note, just a minor thing.

-VR
    I saw you poke your head in there Rustoleum. At least now I know the link works.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 15:06
    @wolfe63 said
    I saw you poke your head in there Rustoleum. At least now I know the link works.
    I wanted to see if you had a game going and if I'd be able to see it being played or not.

-VR
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 17:59
    @Very-Rusty

Were you able to observe the game?

I remember in earlier times there would often be several players on the blitz site with a few games always in progress, and you could go in and watch them if you wanted. I think there was even a window that would show who was watching any particular game.

I sometimes wonder if the blitz site would be more popular if there was a rating system maintained, but kept seperate from the main RHP rating system.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 18:18
    @mwmiller said
    @Very-Rusty

Were you able to observe the game?

I remember in earlier times there would often be several players on the blitz site with a few games always in progress, and you could go in and watch them if you wanted. I think there was even a window that would show who was watching any particular game.

I sometimes wonder if the blitz site would be more popular if there was a rating system maintained, but kept seperate from the main RHP rating system.
    Well he wasn't playing anyone at the time, so I just left.

Yes, I remember when we could watch a game being played don't know if it still works that way or not.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree