1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    16 May '21 00:26
    Actually they are latex resistance bands for exercise, about 40 inches long (80 inches round trip). Gave them a try today after they arrived and I think these will do fine. Been reading up on the history and benefits of isometric exercise.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 May '21 08:421 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Actually they are latex resistance bands for exercise, about 40 inches long (80 inches round trip). Gave them a try today after they arrived and I think these will do fine. Been reading up on the history and benefits of isometric exercise.
    Damn, it's about time somebody stepped boldly into the 21st century.

20 years late is better than never, I guess.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 May '21 09:101 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    I ordered a rowing machine, since I couldn't get out any more to row on the lake because of pandemic lockdown. Haven't quite gotten into the swim of it yet though.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    16 May '21 10:55
    @moonbus said
    I ordered a rowing machine, since I couldn't get out any more to row on the lake because of pandemic lockdown. Haven't quite gotten into the swim of it yet though.
    You'd think a rowing machine would do the rowing for you. Disappointingly they just sink.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 May '21 14:39
    @suzianne said
    Damn, it's about time somebody stepped boldly into the 21st century.

20 years late is better than never, I guess.
    Did someone put vinegar in your Wheaties? πŸ˜‰

Probably a violation of the TOS to mention that these could also be used for a giant slingshot.

Also, you could have said something about these in the "efficient exercise" thread.

I have only been using these a few days and I like them. It does feel like something is happening and that I am toning up in a more elastic and natural way than weights provide. Time under tension. Very efficient, these.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '21 14:44
    @kevin-eleven said
    Did someone put vinegar in your Wheaties? πŸ˜‰

Probably a violation of the TOS to mention that these could also be used for a giant slingshot.
    Why would it be in violation of the TOS C.S.?

-VR
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 May '21 14:49
    @very-rusty said
    Why would it be in violation of the TOS C.S.?

-VR
    VR, a few days from now I will probably still not answer your question. πŸ˜‰
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '21 14:531 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    VR, a few days from now I will probably still not answer your question. πŸ˜‰
    C.S. ,You know how much sleep I will lose over you not answering my question! πŸ˜› πŸ™‚

-VR
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 May '21 15:00
    @very-rusty said
    C.S. ,You know how much sleep I will lose over you not answering my question! πŸ˜› πŸ™‚

-VR
    Actually, yes I do.

Sleep researchers at the University of Autowah sent me their current formula, and you will lose three minutes and 28 seconds of sleep over that, but not really, because you will make it up later. πŸ˜‰
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '21 15:07
    @kevin-eleven said
    Actually, yes I do.

Sleep researchers at the University of Autowah sent me their current formula, and you will lose three minutes and 28 seconds of sleep over that, but not really, because you will make it up later. πŸ˜‰
    You should read up on sarcasm! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 May '21 16:48
    @very-rusty said
    You should read up on sarcasm! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR
    I'm aware of sarcasm, but that doesn't fit with the kindness and mildness that I think are essential components of "grandfatherly humor".
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '21 16:52
    @kevin-eleven said
    I'm aware of sarcasm, but that doesn't fit with the kindness and mildness that I think are essential components of "grandfatherly humor".
    You've already missed some sarcasm thrown your way C.S.! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 May '21 17:001 edit
    @very-rusty said
    You've already missed some sarcasm thrown your way C.S.! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
    Or noticed, and let it pass, because perhaps the tosser didn't know any better.

Or perhaps the sarcasm-tosser did know better, but did it anyway, in which case they still didn't know any better.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '21 17:05
    @kevin-eleven said
    Or noticed, and let it pass, because perhaps the tosser didn't know any better.

Or perhaps the sarcasm-tosser did know better, but did it anyway, in which case they still didn't know any better.
    Just as I thought C.S. you Missed It! πŸ˜›

You can change your name but not your persona it seems! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 May '21 17:08
    @very-rusty said
    Just as I thought C.S. you Missed It! πŸ˜›

You can change your name but not your persona it seems! πŸ˜‰

-VR
    Well, I guess this is when I should stop replying to you for the sake of the RHP forum and also so that you are free to address the Canadian Parliament or whatever you do when you get away from the internet. πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree