1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 14:00
    I'm on record saying I respect faith. There are all these other gods too. But you say I can't spell? That hurts.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 14:07
    Originally posted by apathist
    I'm on record saying I respect faith. There are all these other gods too. But you say I can't spell? That hurts.
    Bobby never makes a mistake.
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 14:431 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Brain & Mouth Game

Please describe the brain and mouth of the person above you (without using 4-letter words).[/b]
    Something you possess is the cortex which comprises two distinct hemispheres, which essentially control opposite sides of the bodily functions (for example, muscle movements in one of the hands is initiated by the opposite hemisphere). Accordingly, the hemispheres can be described as smaller regions called lobes, which are identified by the valleys or ‘fissures’ on the surface. Surprisingly, there is considerable variation across individuals in the exact shape and location of the convolutions; although the ridges and valleys exhibit reliable landmarks for distinguishing major regions of the cortex. The two major landmarks are the central fissure, which divides hemispheres roughly in two times fiftieth percentages from forward to rearward, and the lateral fissure, which traverses along the sides of individually divided hemispheres.
    In each hemisphere, the frontal-lobes are the portion in front of the central fissure, and above the lateral fissure; the portion of the frontal-lobes situated before the central fissure is called the frontal motor point, because it controls all voluntary movements of the muscles. Interestingly, the bodily areas capable of major subtle motor control (such as the hands or mouth) display a greater representation in the frontal motor point, as opposed to the other bodily regions. Definitively, researchers assimilate some created areas of the frontal motor point, detailing the bodily areas controlled. A similar mapping for the sense of touch exists for the portion of the parietal lobes, behind the central fissure.

That's how I would describe various bodily functions you possess between, and containing, the functions of brain and mouth; and all described not using any letter words of the length you requested not to be contained. 😉

-m.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 16:12
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Something you possess is the cortex which comprises two distinct hemispheres, which essentially control opposite sides of the bodily functions (for example, muscle movements in one of the hands is initiated by the opposite hemisphere). Accordingly, the hemispheres can be described as smaller regions called lobes, which are identified by the valleys or ‘fissu ...[text shortened]... described not using any letter words of the length you requested not to be contained. 😉

-m.
    sharp & verbose
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 16:231 edit
    "... Spelling Challenged."

http://www.theminimalists.com/advice/
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 16:29
    "... Spelling Challenged."

http://www.theminimalists.com/advice/
    slipping & others
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 16:29

Something you possess is the cortex which comprises two distinct hemispheres, which essentially control opposite sides of the bodily functions (for example, muscle movements in one of the hands is initiated by the opposite hemisphere). Accordingly, the hemispheres can be described as smaller regions called lobes, which are identified by the valleys or ‘fissur ...[text shortened]... cribed not using any letter words of the length you requested not to be contained. 😉

-m.
    [so much for the theory of evolution]
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 16:33
    'much' has 4 letters.

FAIL.

-m. 😀
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 16:35
    'much' has 4 letters.

FAIL.

-m. 😀
    'much' has 4 biological ladders.
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 17:10
    Evolution is a fact. You should not be afraid of it. Gravity is called a theory too, but do you think maybe there is no gravity?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 17:12
    Evolution is a fact. You should not be afraid of it. Gravity is called a theory too, but do you think maybe there is no gravity?
    http://www.gospelway.com/creation/evolution_consequences.php
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 17:36
    That is okay. but don't you what I'm saying?
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 17:40
    I actually did drop a word. That does not change my point.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 17:55
    http://www.gospelway.com/creation/evolution_consequences.php
    Those who cannot reconcile both sides are narrow minded cheerleaders for their chosen belief, arguing loudly to whomever will listen that the two ideas are antonymical to each other.

Narrow minds are narrow.

The atheist minds defending evolution as the only way are narrow by nature, refusing to believe in a being worthy of their worship.

The creationist minds defending creationism as the only way are narrow in restricting their supposedly omnipotent God to only being able to create by saying some magic words and "poof"ing things into existence.

Humans talk big about compromise, but they are forever unwilling to imagine it in practice.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 18:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Those who cannot reconcile both sides are narrow minded cheerleaders for their chosen belief, arguing loudly to whomever will listen that the two ideas are antonymical to each other.

Narrow minds are narrow.

The atheist minds defending evolution as the only way are narrow by nature, refusing to believe in a being worthy of their worship.

The crea ...[text shortened]...

Humans talk big about compromise, but they are forever unwilling to imagine it in practice.
    [^^^]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree