1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:22
    @very-rusty said
    I know nothing about the Ugandan culture and how things work there so I really can't give an opinion on it. Only to say I believe the baby should be fed first. How much do you know about Ugandan culture?

-VR
    For any woman to have to breastfeed her husband - or the child's father - it must feel utterly awkward to say the least.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:281 edit
    @torunn said
    For any woman to have to breastfeed her husband - or the child's father - it must feel utterly awkward to say the least.
    In our culture I completely agree with you. I am not as said familiar with the Ugandan culture. I do how ever think the baby should be fed first in my humble opinion.

I also don't agree with arranged marriages which happen in a certain culture. Do we put a stop to that because we don't agree with it?

-VR
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:351 edit
    @very-rusty said
    In our culture I completely agree with you. I am not as said familiar with the Ugandan culture. I do how ever think the baby should be fed first in my humble opinion.

I also don't agree with arranged marriages which happen in a certain culture. Do we put a stop to that because we don't agree with it?

-VR
    In Drew's OP it is suggested that some woman at least has tried to to refuse which she had no right to do.
    But you are nice VR to consider the babies first.
    And you are right - it doesn't matter what we think. 🙂
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:42
    @torunn said
    In Drew's OP it is suggested that some woman at least has tried to to refuse which she had no right to do.
    But you are nice VR to consider the babies first.
    And you are right - it doesn't matter what we think. 🙂
    I do understand that point the OP was making but I don't understand the culture itself. How many hundreds of years has this went on. The same with the arranged marriages how many hundreds of years has that went on?

One of the many reasons I am happy to be living in Canada. I am sure many of the people coming into our country are very happy also that they can't be forced to do something against their will and if they are it will be dealt with.

-VR
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:46
    @very-rusty said
    I do understand that point the OP was making but I don't understand the culture itself. How many hundreds of years has this went on. The same with the arranged marriages how many hundreds of years has that went on?

One of the many reasons I am happy to be living in Canada. I am sure many of the people coming into our country are very happy also that they can't be forced to do something against their will and if they are it will be dealt with.

-VR
    Absolutely. We could carry this discussion further but it might be better suited for 'Debates'. As you say, they should be lucky.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:52
    @torunn said
    Absolutely. We could carry this discussion further but it might be better suited for 'Debates'. As you say, they should be lucky.
    Agreed....Perhaps the OP should have taken it there. It is certainly something that probaby should be in the 'Debates Forum'!

I know myself I've been known to complain about the little things here in Canada. Then I realize how lucky I am to have been born here rather than one of the war torn countries or countries with dictators which some are seeing the U.S.A. becoming with the present POTUS, sad to see.

-VR
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:54
    @very-rusty said
    Agreed....Perhaps the OP should have taken it there. It is certainly something that probaby should be in the 'Debates Forum'!

I know myself I've been known to complain about the little things here in Canada. Then I realize how lucky I am to have been born here rather than one of the war torn countries or countries with dictators which some are seeing the U.S.A. becoming with the present POTUS, sad to see.

-VR
    I'm sure Canada is a great country to live in, and so is Sweden. We take a lot for granted but I am truly grateful.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 23:01
    @torunn said
    I'm sure Canada is a great country to live in, and so is Sweden. We take a lot for granted but I am truly grateful.
    I've met some fine people from Sweden, moved here to start a business back about 3 decades ago. I am getting away from the topic though, which is an important one.

-VR
  9. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 14:21
    that lady is lucky to have a husband at all. There are more women on earth, than men.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jan '20 08:42
    @drewnogal said
    Can’t quite believe this! Fathers expecting to share their baby’s breast milk?

Women's rights and gender equality
    'She can't say no': the Ugandan men demanding to be breastfed

The preliminary research suggested that men often drink before the child is fed, usually once a day, sometimes more frequently, and for about an hour at a time.

https://www.theguardian.com/g ...[text shortened]... 9XZWVrZGF5cy0yMDAxMjk%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK
    surely this topic should be on page 3
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    31 Jan '20 12:29
    @badradger said
    surely this topic should be on page 3
    Takes me back to the term ‘thinking man’s crumpet’ 😺
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '12
    Moves
    31 Jan '20 12:53
    @drewnogal said
    Maybe a consequence of Idi Amin who served as the President of Uganda from 1971 to 1979, where a generation of children grew up with insecure attachment leaving a generation of grown men needing to regress to being a tiny baby again?
    Perhaps they should be given a dummy !
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    31 Jan '20 13:13
    @aranya10 said
    Perhaps they should be given a dummy !
    Exactly, a psychotherapist would provide a baby bottle.
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '12
    Moves
    31 Jan '20 13:20
    @drewnogal said
    Exactly, a psychotherapist would provide a baby bottle.
    Act like a Baby......Treat like a Baby !
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '20 14:45
    One of our sons has a friend, with a slight speech impediment. When we first met him, years ago, his mother brought him over for a visit. At the time we had a couple of cats and when he entered our home the first thing he saw was the cats. His first words were, "I yove titties". I said, "My kinda guy". 🙂 True story except the part about what I said. I couldn't say anything because I was laughing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree