1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 06:51
    I bought a bag of jam ones from Tesco Express one evening .
    They had been put in the bag before they had cooled and were moist. Horrible!
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 14:36
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    Timing is everything.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 21:111 edit
    And gooey! But Cinnabon gives you their rolls hot and they are delicioso. Especially with Dr Pepper🙂
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 13:55
    As homor simpson says... hhmmmmmm donuts.

But we already established that the ones with a filling inside are impostors.

Do - dough
    Nut - like a nut bolt

Stick your fingers in the jam one and its going to look a bit red.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 16:11
    Originally posted by Trev33
    As homor simpson says... hhmmmmmm donuts.

But we already established that the ones with a filling inside are impostors.

Do - dough
    Nut - like a nut bolt

Stick your fingers in the jam one and its going to look a bit red.
    Homor? Jeeeeez.😠

Ya, the "filled" ones usually, unless I remember and bite at the end with the injection site, ooze their load onto my shirt/sweater/coat. 🙄
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 09:22
    There is an amusing tradition where I live (Switzerland): on a certain day of the year, in every batch of jam donuts, there will be one filled with mustard instead of jam. Yup, the lucky winner gets a yucky surprise !
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 14:18
    Originally posted by moonbus
    There is an amusing tradition where I live (Switzerland): on a certain day of the year, in every batch of jam donuts, there will be one filled with mustard instead of jam. Yup, the lucky winner gets a yucky surprise !
    Hmmmm!...I see possibilities there, donut shaped condiment dispensers.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 15:24
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Wonder if the idea came from Germany?

Krapfen

Krapfen (known outside of Berlin as Berliner!) are classic, non-North American donuts – deep fried, sugar coated buns with blobs of jam in the middle. And, Germans just happen to eat them in the early hours of New Year’s Day. After hours of talking, shooting off fireworks, entertaining the children, melting some metal (see above), these sweet treats are the perfect party pick-me-up and a great incentive for young children to stay awake. Beware the mustard-filled one: tradition has it that one of the donuts will be filled not with jam but mustard for the poor unsuspecting reveller to bite hard into it and get quite a shock.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 15:31
    Wonder if the idea came from Germany?

Krapfen

Krapfen (known outside of Berlin as Berliner!) are classic, non-North American donuts – deep fried, sugar coated buns with blobs of jam in the middle. And, Germans just happen to eat them in the early hours of New Year’s Day. After hours of talking, shooti ...[text shortened]... h jam but mustard for the poor unsuspecting reveller to bite hard into it and get quite a shock.
    What about Fat Tuesday and the PÄ…czki?
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 10:06
    'Semmeldagen' or 'Fettisdagen' this year was 28th February, and this is a 'semla'

"Semla in singular form or semlor in plural – (and let's face it, any decent bun lover will always have at least two so call them semlor) are doughy balls of sin, oozing a slathericious almond and cardamom paste with lashings and lashings of vanilla-whipped cream atop." (Visit Sweden)
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 16:05
    Originally posted by Torunn
    'Semmeldagen' or 'Fettisdagen' this year was 28th February, and this is a 'semla'

"Semla in singular form or semlor in plural – (and let's face it, any decent bun lover will always have at least two so call them semlor) are doughy balls of sin, oozing a slathericious almond and cardamom paste with lashings and lashings of vanilla-whipped cream atop." (Visit Sweden)
    I put on 5 kilos just reading that. 😉
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 18:20
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I put on 5 kilos just reading that. 😉
    Sure, but that's because your glasses weigh 5 kilos.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 18:53
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Sure, but that's because your glasses weigh 5 kilos.
    That explains the large "dent" on my dorsum nasi. Who knew?
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 18:56
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    That explains the large "dent" on my dorsum nasi. Who knew?
    The man who sold you lead glasses?
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 19:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The man who sold you lead glasses?
    Why that swine said it was solid gold. Thanks for the tip. I will be calling my lawyer to see if there may be a suit possibility here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree