1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '14 09:54
    Is it possible to save not only a jammed cassette but thorn in addition?

Perhaps a vintage technical freak??
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 May '14 09:58
    If you can open the cassette (small screws e.g. BASF cassettes) you can smotth out the tape and fix it with a small piece of duct tape it will only cause a minor break.

If you can't open it...
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 May '14 10:03
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    If you can open the cassette (small screws e.g. BASF cassettes) you can smotth out the tape and fix it with a small piece of duct tape it will only cause a minor break.

If you can't open it...
    Super glue will also work to hold the box together again.

I recommend digitizing your cassettes.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '14 10:06
    Thanks; I´ll try.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 May '14 13:09
    Performing surgery on cassette tapes is a very fond childhood memory of mine.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 May '14 13:35
    Originally posted by darvlay
    When I was 19, I was head over heels for a girl to whom I would send letters, poems, drawings and (what I thought then to be) clever recordings of my voice made up like albums.
    I would wax on and on (decidedly eloquently, I am sure) in my most romantic voice, charm overflowing from all orifices.
    They were the cassettes of regret, really: even just a year or so later, I was hoping they'd met their fitting end in a trash bin somewhere.

No such luck.

My oldest son texted me last night to let me know he'd found the 30 year old tapes and was having the most marvelous time listening to them.

Instead of manipulating tapes, I should have invented a time machine...
  7. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    22 May '14 13:44
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    When I was 19, I was head over heels for a girl to whom I would send letters, poems, drawings and (what I thought then to be) clever recordings of my voice made up like albums.
    I would wax on and on (decidedly eloquently, I am sure) in my most romantic voice, charm overflowing from all orifices.
    They were the cassettes of regret, really: even just a year ...[text shortened]... me listening to them.

I used to have a seven single player in my car, only one in town! And my kids now often test me: "Dad, what old song is that, and who sang it," Songs from early sixties, onwards... the latest music rips my soul out...
  8. In your face
    Moves
    22 May '14 18:371 edit
    I remember a device you could buy to actually do this.

Sellotape is much better than duct tape in my opinion. Less chance of it jamming up again.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 May '14 19:01
    They were the cassettes of regret, really: even just a year ...[text shortened]... me listening to them.

Awesome.
  10. In your face
    Moves
    22 May '14 20:04

Could you upload them to a site so we can all listen to them please?
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 May '14 12:23
    Originally posted by darvlay
    And the generation of young aduklts doesn't know what a ball pen and a casette have to do with each other...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree