General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    02 May '18 23:16
    Not to the wild, just out of that damn cage.

    YouTube
  2. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    38778
    02 May '18 23:34
    Beautiful creature. He looks so relieved and content.
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88226
    03 May '18 06:12
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Not to the wild, just out of that damn cage.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3L8mNwIpVA
    Very nice 🙂
  4. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10768
    03 May '18 07:461 edit
    That is absolutely lovely - just to be able to stretch his legs, feel the grass, smell the air, listen to natural sounds and other animals. There are many similar stories and they are all wonderful.
  5. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10768
    03 May '18 07:51
    This is also a very special story - about Christian the lion

    YouTube
  6. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    38778
    03 May '18 10:07
    Originally posted by @torunn
    This is also a very special story - about Christian the lion

    [youtube]cvCjyWp3rEk[/youtube]
    That’s a big pussy cat to get attention from.
    I’m amazed that Virginia McKenna didn’t get knocked over. 🙂
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    03 May '18 12:20
    Originally posted by @torunn
    That is absolutely lovely - just to be able to stretch his legs, feel the grass, smell the air, listen to natural sounds and other animals. There are many similar stories and they are all wonderful.
    Then there is this.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/82874/pet-tiger-kills-owner-in-ontario/
    He (the owner) WAS a customer of mine.
  8. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10768
    03 May '18 12:25
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Then there is this.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/82874/pet-tiger-kills-owner-in-ontario/
    He (the owner) WAS a customer of mine.
    Animals, if necessary, should be kept in sanctuaries (I believed they are called) and not in cages of any kind. All animals can't make it on their own, and if they are left as very young, help may be necessary
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    03 May '18 12:53
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Animals, if necessary, should be kept in sanctuaries (I believed they are called) and not in cages of any kind. All animals can't make it on their own, and if they are left as very young, help may be necessary
    "Man" sure has a way of upsetting the natural balance eh?😳😠
  10. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10768
    03 May '18 12:57
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    "Man" sure has a way of upsetting the natural balance eh?😳😠
    Some animals are so endangered, we may have to intervene - not that that has always been the reason for keeping animals. I do think though that many people are involved in rescuing animals from circuses and similar arrangements, and surely that must be a very good thing.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    03 May '18 13:02
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Some animals are so endangered, we may have to intervene - not that that has always been the reason for keeping animals. I do think though that many people are involved in rescuing animals from circuses and similar arrangements, and surely that must be a very good thing.
    I just read that a herd of Caribou from Labrador has gone from 800,000 in 1996 to 6,000 in 2016. 😳
  12. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10768
    03 May '18 13:03
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I just read that a herd of Caribou from Labrador has gone from 800,000 in 1996 to 6,000 in 2016. 😳
    And the reasons...?
  13. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138417
    03 May '18 18:16
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    https://globalnews.ca/news/82874/pet-tiger-kills-owner-in-ontario/
    good riddance...
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    04 May '18 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by @torunn
    And the reasons...?
    Adams said the Central Arctic and other herds in the region that have experienced recent declines all reached historic highs prior to their drops.
    http://juneauempire.com/state/2016-11-29/biologists-research-caribou-herd-decline

    I don't know why they reached 'historic highs' but when you overwhelm your niche, yeah things get rough for a while.
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138417
    08 May '18 16:20
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/07/leopard-snatches-eats-toddler-ugandan-national-park/

    no video of the carnage,

    yet...
Back to Top