General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    20 Mar '16 14:13
    Clairvoyance

    "Simple Definition of clairvoyance:
    1. an ability to communicate with dead people, to predict future events,
    or to know about things that you did not actually see happen or hear about.

    Full Definition of clairvoyance:
    1. the power or faculty of discerning objects not present to the senses
    2. ability to perceive matters beyond the range of ordinary perception...":

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clairvoyance
    _______________________

    Note: Recently the possibility of this clairvoyance phenomena has become of interest.
    I'd welcome your own observations and/or experiences.
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    20 Mar '16 14:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Recently the possibility of this clairvoyance phenomena has become of interest.
    It's become of interest? Recently? Can you explain?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10601
    20 Mar '16 14:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Clairvoyance

    "Simple Definition of clairvoyance:
    1. an ability to communicate with dead people, to predict future events,
    or to know about things that you did not actually see happen or hear about.

    Full Definition of clairvoyance:
    1. the power or faculty of discerning objects not present to the senses
    2. ability to perceive matter ...[text shortened]... oyance phenomena has become of interest.
    I'd welcome your own observations and/or experiences.[/b]
    Hang on sir, is that the plan? Kill me off in the Epitaph thread so that you can commune with me in this one? 😲

    (You might find the life of Arthur Conan Doyle interesting, in regards to clairvoyance).
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    20 Mar '16 14:51
    My "other half" watches some woman from Long Island commune with those "passed" on TV.
  5. Joined
    25 Feb '16
    Moves
    3653
    20 Mar '16 15:43
    This thread does not surprise me. I knew it would be posted.
  6. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88330
    20 Mar '16 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Clairvoyance

    "Simple Definition of clairvoyance:
    1. an ability to communicate with dead people, to predict future events,
    or to know about things that you did not actually see happen or hear about.

    Full Definition of clairvoyance:
    1. the power or faculty of discerning objects not present to the senses
    2. ability to perceive matter ...[text shortened]... oyance phenomena has become of interest.
    I'd welcome your own observations and/or experiences.[/b]
    Why is it of interest to you?
    Is this something to do with your "Kindred Spirits"?
    Do you perhaps think you are becoming clairvoyant?

    Be good to hear where you are coming from with this...
  7. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88330
    20 Mar '16 16:25
    Originally posted by Metacomedian
    This thread does not surprise me. I knew it would be posted.
    You seem to misunderstand that the point of clairvoyance is not to be wise after the event, but before.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    20 Mar '16 18:52
    Originally posted by Metacomedian
    This thread does not surprise me. I knew it would be posted.
    Metacomedian, please continue.....
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    20 Mar '16 19:251 edit
    “Now (obviously) a sentence’s truth—even when we hold the sentence’s meaning fixed—depends on which world we are considering. “Brown is Prime Minister” is true in the actual world but, since Brown need not have been Prime Minister, there are countless worlds in which “Brown is Prime Minister” is false: in those worlds, Brown did not succeed Tony Blair, or never went into politics, or never even existed. And in some other worlds, someone else is Prime Minister — David Cameron, P. F. Strawson, me, Madonna, or Daffy Duck. In still others, there is no such office as Prime Minister, or not even a Britain; and so on and so forth. So a given sentence or proposition varies its truth-value from world to world.” (italics mine) ―William G. Lycan, Philosophy of Language
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10601
    20 Mar '16 19:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “Now (obviously) a sentence’s truth—even when we hold the sentence’s meaning fixed—depends on which world we are considering. “Brown is Prime Minister” is true in the actual world but, since Brown need not have been Prime Minister, there are countless worlds in which “Brown is Prime Minister” is false: in those worlds, Brown did not succeed Tony ...[text shortened]... s truth-value from world to world.”[/i] (italics mine) ―William G. Lycan, Philosophy of Language
    Please adhere to the thread topic.

    Thank you.
  11. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88330
    20 Mar '16 20:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “Now (obviously) a sentence’s truth—even when we hold the sentence’s meaning fixed—depends on which world we are considering. “Brown is Prime Minister” is true in the actual world but, since Brown need not have been Prime Minister, there are countless worlds in which “Brown is Prime Minister” is false: in those worlds, Brown did not succeed Tony ...[text shortened]... s truth-value from world to world.”[/i] (italics mine) ―William G. Lycan, Philosophy of Language
    Have you any comment of your own to make?
    On anything you post...!
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    20 Mar '16 20:50
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Recently the possibility of this clairvoyance phenomena has become of interest.
    Have you been to the world where Daffy Duck is Prime Minister?
  13. Joined
    25 Feb '16
    Moves
    3653
    20 Mar '16 22:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You seem to misunderstand that the point of clairvoyance is not to be wise after the event, but before.
    Predictable reply.
  14. Joined
    25 Feb '16
    Moves
    3653
    20 Mar '16 22:30
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Metacomedian, please continue.....
    I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    20 Mar '16 23:09
    Originally posted by Metacomedian
    I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
    Thanks for the brevity of your reply.
Back to Top