1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 00:52
    I think during the next debate the audience should all go dressed as clowns.

It would be funny to see the reaction of those two pathetic human beings.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 01:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    It would be funny to see the reaction of those two pathetic human beings.
    Why is it, over on the Spirituality Forum, you pointedly can't bring yourself to condemn Muslims who murder apostates, but you can bring yourself to condemn Trump and Clinton?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 07:425 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why is it, over on the Spirituality Forum, you pointedly can't bring yourself to condemn Muslims who murder apostates, but you can bring yourself to condemn Trump and Clinton?
    You think Mr Trump and Mrs Clinton plan on murdering apostates? 😲 If not your attempt to juxtapose the two and extract some kind of conclusion is absurd, a type of false analogy.

A false analogy is a logical fallacy that occurs when someone applies facts from one situation to another situation but the situations are substantially different and the same conclusions cannot logically be drawn. - http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/False_analogy

Clearly you need to moderate yourself.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 08:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You think Mr Trump and Mrs Clinton plan on murdering apostates? 😲 If not your attempt to juxtapose the two and extract some kind of conclusion is absurd, a type of false analogy.

A false analogy is a logical fallacy that occurs when someone applies facts from one situation to another situation but the situations are substantially different and t ...[text shortened]... be drawn. - http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/False_analogy

Clearly you need to moderate yourself.
    No there was no analogy involved, false or otherwise, robbie. I was just pointing to the sheer absurdity of whodey's facetious double standards. Two concurrent instances of condemnation by the same poster compared ~ no analogy drawn.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 08:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    No there was no analogy involved, false or otherwise, robbie. I was just pointing to the sheer absurdity of whodey's facetious double standards. Two concurrent instances of condemnation by the same poster compared ~ no analogy drawn.
    You are trying to draw some kind of conclusion from two completely dissimilar sources, the present Presidential campaign and Muslims killing apostates. They are so dissimilar that no logical conclusion can be drawn. For example, Whodey doesn't condemn the gathering of Easter eggs on Easter Sunday but he is willing to condemn smoking cigarettes in restaurants, therefore whodey is facetious and has double standards. The only thing that is absurd is your irrational logic, please moderate yourself,
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 08:33
    You are trying to draw some kind of conclusion from two completely dissimilar sources, the present Presidential campaign and Muslims killing apostates. They are so dissimilar that no logical conclusion can be drawn. For example, Whodey doesn't condemn the gathering of Easter eggs on Easter Sunday but he is willing to condemn smoking cigarettes in r ...[text shortened]... le standards. The only thing that is absurd is your irrational logic, please moderate yourself,
    I am comparing whodey's very recent condemnations of people, or lack thereof. He condemns W and X at one moment, but refuses to condemn Y and Z at another moment, when Y and Z's mass murders are clearly worse than any of W's and X's transgressions. There is no analogy, robbie. There is just whodey's peculiar double standard. You are trying a bit too hard.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 08:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am comparing whodey's very recent condemnations of people, or lack thereof. He condemns W and X at one moment, but refuses to condemn Y and Z at another moment, when Y and Z's mass murders are clearly worse than any of W's and X's transgressions. There is no analogy, robbie. There is just whodey's peculiar double standard. You are trying a bit too hard.
    Yes but you seem to be having trouble recognizing that the two sources are so dissimilar that no logical comparison or conclusion can be drawn. I have even illustrated it for you. Please try to be more careful in future and check your variations.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 09:19
    Yes but you seem to be having trouble recognizing that the two sources are so dissimilar that no logical comparison or conclusion can be drawn. I have even illustrated it for you. Please try to be more careful in future and check your variations.
    It would appear you don't really know what an "analogy" is.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 09:455 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    It would appear you don't really know what an "analogy" is.
    I somehow don't think that vain appeals to semantics are going to save you.

The term false analogy is simply a term used to designate a logical fallacious position whereby two elements are juxtaposed together but are so dissimilar that no logical conclusion can be drawn. It does not necessitate that an actual analogy is used although it often is.

The fallacy of false analogy is an argument based on misleading, superficial, or implausible comparisons. Also known as faulty analogy, weak analogy, wrongful comparison, metaphor as argument, and analogical fallacy. - http://grammar.about.com/od/fh/g/falseanalogyterm.htm

You committed a wrongful comparison (false analogy) when you attempted to make a superficial, misleading and wrongful comparison between whodey's alleged failure to condemn the killing of apostates and his willingness to condemn the presidential candidates and to your chagrin they have been exposed as being so dissimilar that no logical comparison or conclusion can be drawn.

As for me I know what an analogy is, I also know what a false analogy is and I remain not only capable of rational thought but a pure logic machine eating up logically absurd positions like yours for breakfast.

Now I suggest that you pucker up, take your medicine and try to refrain from drawing any conclusions from positions that are logically incoherent in the future - your fan - robbie.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 10:03
    robbie, you're barking up the wrong tree with this.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 10:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    robbie, you're barking up the wrong tree with this.
    I rarely if ever bark at trees FMF, mostly just full moons 😀

Never the less great and illustrious FMF my work is finished, I have reset your broken limb, it was a painful experience for you I know, but you will heal and become strong again I am sure.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 10:52
    I rarely if ever bark at trees FMF, mostly just full moons 😀

Never the less great and illustrious FMF my work is finished, I have reset your broken limb, it was a painful experience for you I know, but you will heal and become strong again I am sure.
    There's no getting away from the fact that your attempted "gag" hinges on a kind of clunky robbie-doesn't-know-what-an-analogy-is riff which seems a bit drab as "gags" go, I'd say.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 10:591 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    There's no getting away from the fact that your attempted "gag" hinges on a kind of clunky robbie-doesn't-know-what-an-analogy-is riff which seems a bit drab as "gags" go, I'd say.
    oh dear, please smother up, as if being publicly schooled was not enough for you. Please try to show a modicum of personal dignity, its embarrassing to see you floundering around like this.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 11:09
    oh dear, please smother up, as if being publicly schooled was not enough for you. Please try to show a modicum of personal dignity, its embarrassing to see you floundering around like this.
    But this STILL just the robbie-doesn't-know-what-an-analogy-is riff. How many posts in a row?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 12:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is condemning them?

The FBI director Comeny came out and said Hillary lied and gave away top secret information but that it was OK, no charges will come against her. Not only that, the American people think it's OK as well as they will elect her the next President.

As for Trump, he said 10 years ago that he likes to grab the genitals of married women and forcibly kiss them. However, no one has come forward to accuse him of this. Additionally, the left have been keeping this admission for some 10 years, presumably just to prevent him from becoming President some day, so they seem OK with it as well. Just as soon as Hillary wins, all will be forgotten.

See, no condemnation whatsoever. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree