ID107
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 15:563 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable

ID107
    "A user error is an error made by the human user of a complex system, usually a computer system, in interacting with it. Although the term is sometimes used by Human Computer Interaction practitioners, the more formal human error term is used in the context of human reliability.

"User Error and related phrases such as PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair) and the complementary PEBCAK (Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard), PICNIC (Problem In Chair Not In Computer), PIBCAK (Problem Is Between Chair And Keyboard), POBCAK (Problem Occurs Between Chair And Keyboard), or ID-10T error (Idiot error) are also used as slang in technical circles with similar potentially derogatory meaning.[1][2] This usage implies a lack of computer savvy, asserting that problems arising when using a device are the fault of the user. Critics of the term argue that the problems are caused instead by a device designed in such a way that it induces errors." (wiki)Reveal Hidden Content
    : : 3 edits: guilty as charged ~o

3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 16:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "A user error is an error made by the human user of a complex system, usually a computer system, in interacting with it. Although the term is sometimes used by Human Computer Interaction practitioners, the more formal human error term is used in the context of human reliability.

"User Error and related phrases such as PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between ...[text shortened]... ch a way that it induces errors." (wiki)[hidden]: : 3 edits: guilty as charged ~o[/hidden]
    I learned about the id, when my son and I had a chat about programming....seems that I missed a few things the past decade or so 😉
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:33
    Originally posted by Ponderable

I learned about the id, when my son and I had a chat about programming.... seems that I missed a few things the past decade or so 😉
    ".... seems that I missed a few things the past decade or so."

Try Three (3+). Ha,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree