cold calling

cold calling

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 May 19

@suzianne said
They just know you. They all know you. They tell your story to their children as a bedtime story. They talk about you around the campfire. Your story is a Bollywood favorite. They all want to talk to you. They want to name their children after you.

You are legend.
Suzie Q, don't sell yourself short, you're becoming a legend in your own mind!!! 🙂 😛

-VR

Moves
11 May 19

@badradger said
where do they get the info from/ most i get are either indian or from packistan, threatening me with jail for tax evaision, or saying they are from British Telecom offering a discount or telling me my line will be cut within 24 hours, another scam is the microsoft internet breach, I get at least 2 a day, the best recent one was a guy telling me my Sky insurance was due I p ...[text shortened]... rs cover, so i told him i could upgrade to sky Q for £ 30 quid if it did break down......he hung up.
Use the Telephone preference service

Go ex-directory

Never give real phone numbers on WiFi hotspots, hotels, websites unless you need to

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 May 19

@divegeester said
Use the Telephone preference service

Go ex-directory

Never give real phone numbers on WiFi hotspots, hotels, websites unless you need to
That is good advice!!!

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 19

@very-rusty said
Suzie Q, don't sell yourself short, you're becoming a legend in your own mind!!! 🙂 😛

-VR
Who asked you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 19

@very-rusty said
That is good advice!!!

-VR
Psssssst, it's a little late to be up and around, old man.

You'll miss your lumpy oatmeal in the morning if you don't get your rest.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 May 19

@suzianne said
Who asked you?
Suzie Q, No one asks you but you but in others conversations, don't see why I can't do the same. Sound fair? 😉 😛

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 May 19

@suzianne said
Psssssst, it's a little late to be up and around, old man.

You'll miss your lumpy oatmeal in the morning if you don't get your rest.
Psssst, little lady or man which ever you are, listen up.

I don't eat oatmeal for breakfast. I am an early riser, you are probably in a different time zone....LOL...I could add more but I'll leave it for another time. 😉 😛

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 19

@very-rusty said
Suzie Q, No one asks you but you but in others conversations, don't see why I can't do the same. Sound fair? 😉 😛

-VR
You are the World Record Holder at butting in where you don't belong.

And oh yeah, your "NUH-UH, YOU ARE!!!!!!!" act is getting really old, almost as old as you.

Come on now, it's way past your bedtime.

Moves
11 May 19
2 edits

I like to try to make these people more irritated than they make me. The only one left that I get still calling in the road accident people:

Automated voice: I understand you have been involved in a road accident that wasn’t your fault, is that right.

(divegeester mode: activated) Me: yes, that’s right...which accident are you referring to.

Autobot: please hold on...

Live person: hello please can you give me the details of the accident.

Me: sure which accident are you referring to?

Person: you said you had been involved in an accident...?

Me with vulnerable voice on: yes that’s right...

person: please can you give me the details of the accident?

me: I don’t which accident you are talking about, I’ve had three in the last few months ... it’s very stressful...

Person: the accident you said you were involved in...

Me: yes that’s right...

Person (beginning to get impatient as they are on timed responses) Sir...you said you had been involved in an accident that want your fault and I’m an here to help you.

Me: thank you, I appreciate your time but I’m a bit confused, which accident are you referring to as I’ve been in three and my car is written off. Can you get me a hire car if I go with you?

Person: if you give me the details of the accident I can look into it.

Me: but you called me about the accident, you must know what accident it was?

person: (very stress now) you answered “yes” to the voice call Sir.

me yes..

Their time is more valuable and costly than yours if you’ve got a few minutes just just keep it going as long as you can eventually they just hang up. It’s like a challenge to me know, so far I’ve managed to waste about ten minutes of their time over the last three calls.

PS haven’t had a call in a month now so I guess I’m on “IGNORE” 😆

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 19

@very-rusty said
Psssst, little lady or man which ever you are, listen up.

I don't eat oatmeal for breakfast. I am an early riser, you are probably in a different time zone....LOL...I could add more but I'll leave it for another time. 😉 😛

-VR
You really need to watch that heart rate. BP's probably not good, either.

Now find your pillow and turn in. (I hope Frankenstein haunts you in your dreams like you haunt me on here...) Um, I mean, pleasant dreams...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 May 19

@suzianne said
You are the World Record Holder at butting in where you don't belong.

And oh yeah, your "NUH-UH, YOU ARE!!!!!!!" act is getting really old, almost as old as you.

Come on now, it's way past your bedtime.
LOL@ Suzie Q, now who is making a fool of themselves?

It is 7:18 a.m....here so that is how much you know.

Oh by the way you aren't suppose to say anything about age, Andy gets upset about that. Also have a little respect for your elders missy or mr., which ever you happen to be!!! 😉 😛

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 19

@very-rusty said
LOL@ Suzie Q, now who is making a fool of themselves?

It is 7:18 a.m....here so that is how much you know.

Oh by the way you aren't suppose to say anything about age, Andy gets upset about that. Also have a little respect for your elders missy or mr., which ever you happen to be!!! 😉 😛

-VR
Piss off, old man...

Oh wait, they haven't come in to change you yet, have they?

My bad.....

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 19

@very-rusty said
That is good advice!!!

-VR
it dosent work

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 May 19

@badradger said
it dosent work
What makes you say that?

-VR

Green Boots Cave

Moves
11 May 19

@divegeester said
I like to try to make these people more irritated than they make me. The only one left that I get still calling in the road accident people:

Automated voice: I understand you have been involved in a road accident that wasn’t your fault, is that right.

(divegeester mode: activated) Me: yes, that’s right...which accident are you referring to.

Autobot: please hold ...[text shortened]... ime over the last three calls.

PS haven’t had a call in a month now so I guess I’m on “IGNORE” 😆
Very impressive! That must have been really exciting. You certainly know how to get the most out of life.