1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 00:291 edit
    What colourful time-wasting trends do you wish you were [or had been] involved in, but aren't [or weren't]?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 00:421 edit
    ...or won't ever be, for that matter.
  3. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 02:03
    Angry Birds. It's taken a huge chunk out of my available time for the last few years. Not any more, they've updated it so that it's no longer addictive. So now I have my life back - and I'm wasting it in here instead!
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 09:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    What colourful time-wasting trends do you wish you were [or had been] involved in, but aren't [or weren't]?
    crown green bowls, i find it strangely hypnotic....im just waiting'till im 60 before i start playing as that appears to be an important, unwritten rule.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 11:22
    Over the last few years I have created a dozen "bootlegs" (although not illegal ~ the material is in the public domain and no commercial transactions are involved) which have then been downloaded many thousands of times ~ much to my delight ~ but they are peculiar and a very acquired taste.

Each 'volume' is an 80 minute end to end selection of 2-8 minute electric guitar solos by Frank Zappa surgically extracted from the tunes they were played in and all taken from recordings of concerts that were made with feeds from the mixing desk (known as soundboards), and skipping stylistically and from year to year (1969-1988).

These 12 compilations have been much discussed on message boards but they are either mesmerizing (for me, for example) or completely unlistenable (for my wife, for example), depending on your taste. Absurdity, cataclysm, parody, chutzpah ~ Zappa's guitar playing had it all!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree