1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '14 18:531 edit
    Comfort Zone Question

At the moment there are only eleven [11] threads on the first three pages of this forum with one hundred plus [100+] posts as compared with twenty one [21] on the same three pages of the spirituality forum. Curiosity about what the underlying reasons might be for this marked difference in daily activity volumes motivated this open ended comfort zone question.
    "What type of threads hold the greatest appeal for you within your present comfort zone and why?" Thanks for your reply.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 May '14 20:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Comfort Zone Question

At the moment there are only eleven [11] threads on the first three pages of this forum with one hundred plus [100+] posts as compared with twenty one [21] on the same three pages of the spirituality forum. Curiosity about what the underlying reasons might be for this marked difference in daily activity volumes motivated this op ...[text shortened]... ld the greatest appeal for you within your present comfort zone and why?" Thanks for your reply.
    The real question is: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
  3. rebel city
    Moves
    20 May '14 20:45
    [b]Comfort Zone Question

At the moment there are only eleven [11] threads on the first three pages of this forum with one hundred plus [100+] posts as compared with twenty one [21] on the same three pages of the spirituality forum. Curiosity about what the underlying reasons might be for this marked difference in daily activity volumes motivated ...[text shortened]... ld the greatest appeal for you within your present comfort zone and why?" Thanks for your reply.[/b]
    Maybe the spirituality forum has a better performance because of all the fighting going on ??
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 May '14 20:57
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    Maybe the spirituality forum has a better performance because of all the fighting going on ??
    Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war
    With the cross of Jesus going on before
    Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane
    But the cross of Jesus constant will remain

Marching as to war
    (Marching as to war)
    Oh, we're marching as to war
    (Marching as to war)
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '14 21:282 edits
    Spirituality "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." [21]

General "General discussion. If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here." [11]

Debates "Potentially heated discussions on topics such as world affairs, politics and other such areas of interest." [9]

Does this ranking suggests the collective public forum contributors primary interest is eternity rather than the here and now?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 May '14 03:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 May '14 04:371 edit
    [b]Comfort Zone Question

At the moment there are only eleven [11] threads on the first three pages of this forum with one hundred plus [100+] posts as compared with twenty one [21] on the same three pages of the spirituality forum. Curiosity about what the underlying reasons might be for this marked difference in daily activity volumes motivated ...[text shortened]... ld the greatest appeal for you within your present comfort zone and why?" Thanks for your reply.[/b]
    I once remaked elsewhere about comfort zones in chess. I fully expect discomfort, anguish and pain. I also fully intend to return the favor with interest.
    Same as life Bob. Discomfort is part of life. Without discomfort how could we appreciate being comfortable. If life was all peaches and cream, we'd get soft.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 May '14 04:39
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The real question is: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
    Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 May '14 04:57
    [b]Comfort Zone Question

Is the sheer number of posts in a thread a sign of quality?

Wll threads collect more posts which are controversial or threads that contain a message?

Is the number of new threads per time a measure for activity?

10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 May '14 05:051 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable

Wll threads collect more posts which are controversial or threads that contain a message?

Is any thread ever really quality? Has any specific thread saved or changed a life? For me it's entertainment value. The Breast thread and the Pig thread were pretty fun IMHO.

That gives me an idea for a new thread.... 😕
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '14 06:35
    "What type of threads hold the greatest appeal for you within your present comfort zone and why?" Thanks for your reply.
    Without seeking to speak for myself, there are only eleven threads with one hundred plus posts on the first three pages of this General Forum, and twenty one of them on the Spirituality Forum, and nine on the Debates Forum. So I would say, based on these figures, we can conclude that there are more long threads on the Spirituality Forum suggesting it may have more appeal for more people or even perhaps very much more appeal for a smaller number of people.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '14 09:55

13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '14 09:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    YES
    Now shut up and go away.

or
    NO
    Now shut up and go away

P L E A S E

"Now shut up..."?
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 May '14 10:19
    I like to read funny stories.

I don't lie asoociation threads.

I like intelligent discussion

I don't like mud slinging. So I am not a regular in Spirituality and Debates
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '14 15:051 edit
    I like to read funny stories.

I don't lie asoociation threads.

I like intelligent discussion

I don't like mud slinging. So I am not a regular in Spirituality and Debates
    Thanks, Ponderable. I appreciate your straightforward answer and am looking forward to your next thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree