1. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    06 May '15 22:33
    The term commencement is used synonymously with the word graduation...interesting that they are actually more opposite than similar...graduation connoting an ending (for me, it has taken nearly 30 years to reach the finish line), and commencement pointing to a beginning...

So, finally, Saturday, May 9, I will walk across the stage gowned, capped, collared and corded...graduated and ready to commence on a new path...something familiar...more school...entering the Master Social Work program June 8...

My commencement will be streaming if anyone cares to see me walk at 9 am Central time:

http://www.tarleton.edu/graduation/index.html

Congratulations Class of 2015
    I'm happy to be among ye...
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    06 May '15 23:43
    Congratulations on a job well done.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '15 23:58
    Originally posted by hakima
    The term commencement is used synonymously with the word graduation...interesting that they are actually more opposite than similar...graduation connoting an ending (for me, it has taken nearly 30 years to reach the finish line), and commencement pointing to a beginning...

So, finally, Saturday, May 9, I will walk across the stage gowned, capped, collared ...[text shortened]... tarleton.edu/graduation/index.html

You're a member of the Class of 2015 in more ways than one. I salute you, your work ethic and determination. Kudos on a job well done.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    07 May '15 00:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    07 May '15 01:00
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Wow! Drew! Thank you so much! What a blessing and a friend you are.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    07 May '15 01:08

7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 May '15 07:59

So, finally, Saturday, May 9, I will walk across the stage gowned, capped, collared ...[text shortened]... tarleton.edu/graduation/index.html

Congratulations.

In my case I never walked gowned, capped, collared and corded...I got my degree from the office without any formality (save showing my ID)...enjoy the party!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '15 08:05

A great achievement achieved through dedication and hard graft.

Well done.

🙂
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 May '15 08:19
    Congratulations. It gets harder as you get older!
    (Qualified Teacher at 45)
  10. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    07 May '15 11:30
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Congratulations. It gets harder as you get older!
    (Qualified Teacher at 45)
    I my case (I am 53) It was easier in the sense that I knew what I wanted so I could put my heart into it and focus. Harder, perhaps because I had a lot of life--a home, a job, a marriage, children AND grandchildren to pay attention to at the same time...eventually ihad to shift my focus completely on school, could longer work and relationships suffered.

I'm taking the commencement walk as a personal reminder of all of the sacrifices.
  11. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    07 May '15 11:35

Congratulations to you. 🙂
  12. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    09 May '15 22:06
    Thanks for the good wishes, my friends...Here is the shortened version of the conferral of my degree...(thanks rookie54 for the videotape)

YouTube

It's been a great day, and now I'm tired!
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    09 May '15 22:22

14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 May '15 23:40
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Here, here. Watch out, there's more to come...maybe Dr. hakima? 😉
  15. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10 May '15 06:21
    Thanks for the good wishes, my friends...Here is the shortened version of the conferral of my degree...(thanks rookie54 for the videotape)

https://youtu.be/94oKmi7n1l8

It's been a great day, and now I'm tired!
    Congratulations!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree