1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 18:051 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You having a poke at certain online behaviours is not necessarily congruent with a "desire to hurt anyone" and more than me making these comments means I "wish any ill will to you". 🙂
    "Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Personality disorder is a matter of false judgments of value. Listed below are the false value judgments that are at the root of Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

False Good... False Bad... Personality Disorder

to have an image of superiority and high worth an image of inferiority seeks to create an illusion of superiority and to build up an image of high self-worth.

social recognition, status, and prestige obscurity, low status, and lack of prestige strives for recognition and prestige to compensate for the lack of a feeling of self-worth.

outstanding achievement being out-achieved by others may acquire a deprecatory attitude in which the achievements of others are ridiculed and degraded.

glory, honors, and fame lack of glory, honors, or fame has persistent aspirations for glory and status.

praise and approval others' critical judgments and disapproval is sensitive to how others react to him or her, watches and listens carefully for critical judgment, and feels slighted by disapproval.

to be highly esteemed being shamed or humiliated is prone to feel shamed and humiliated and especially hyper-anxious and vulnerable to the judgments of others.

greatness, perfection, genius, or stardom lack of greatness, perfection, genius, or stardom entertains fantasies of greatness, constantly striving for perfection, genius, or stardom.

a highly valued spouse or partner; to be affirmed and confirmed in relationships lack of a highly valued spouse; not being affirmed and confirmed has a history of searching for an idealized partner and has an intense need for affirmation and confirmation in relationships.

to be their idealized self being their actual self frequently entertains a wishful, exaggerated, and unrealistic concept of himself or herself which he or she can't possibly measure up to.

success and others' admiration lack of success; not being admired produces (too quickly) work not up to the level of his or her abilities because of an overwhelmingly strong need for the immediate gratification of success.

to be respected and admired being slighted and not receiving constant admiration is touchy, quick to take offense at the slightest provocation, continually anticipating attack and danger, reacting with anger and fantasies of revenge when he or she feels frustrated in his or her need for constant admiration.

love and approval from others lack of love and approval is self-conscious, due to a dependence on approval from others.

the attention and admiration of others lack of attention and admiration seeks to undo feelings of inadequacy by forcing everyone's attention and admiration upon himself or herself.

fulfillment of their grandiose expectations lack of fulfillment of their grandiose expectations may react with self-contempt and depression to the lack of fulfillment of his or her grandiose expectations.

to receive praise being criticized has a tendency to exaggerate and boast."

http://www.ptypes.com/compensatory-narpd.html

"You having a poke at certain online behaviours is not necessarily congruent with a "desire to hurt anyone" and more than me making these comments means I "wish any ill will to you." divegeester, why the need to personalize this generalized thread topic? I hope you're ready to engage in a productive impersonal discussion of online compensatory behaviours?
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 18:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Personality disorder is a matter of false judgments of value. Listed below are the false value judgments that are at the root of Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

to have an image of superiority and high worth an image of in ...[text shortened]... you're ready to engage in a productive impersonal discussion of online compensatory behaviours?
    you could go into business as a sleep aid provider...
    i needed three pots of coffee to recover from the attempt to read this drivel...
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 18:53
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    You sound as though you speak from experience.
    Not my own, but (shhh....) I've observed you in action.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 18:53

to have an image of superiority and high worth an image of in ...[text shortened]... you're ready to engage in a productive impersonal discussion of online compensatory behaviours?
    This could be your CV.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 22:21
    I hope you're ready to engage in a productive impersonal discussion of online compensatory behaviours?
    Does compensatory behaviour include spelling behavior the British way?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 22:24
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Does compensatory behaviour include spelling behavior the British way?
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Let's say an articulate Martian with an acquired facility for the English Language landed in the UK,
    discovered RHP, became a subscriber and the OP of its first General Forum Thread was.....

"Would someone please explain this thing that Homo Sapiens refer to as compensatory behaviour?

Thank you. ~An Inquiring Mind from Mars"
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 22:38
    I am convinced after overindulging many find respite in online badassery.

http://tinyurl.com/jwrgage
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 22:45
    Plural or Singular: wasn't sure whether to suggest varieties of compensatory behaviour or the event itself. Thanks.
    Liar.
    Just bad grammar.

these rather prevalent online phenomena
    or
    this rather prevalent online phenomenon
    but not
    this rather prevalent online phenomena
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 22:57
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Liar.
    Just bad grammar.

[b]these
    rather prevalent online phenomena
    or
    but not
    this rather prevalent online phenomena[/b]
    Usage note: Phenomenon is the only acceptable singular form of this noun; phenomena is the usual plural.
    Phenomenons may also be used as the plural in nonscientific writing when the meaning is "extraordinary
    things, occurrences, or persons": They were phenomenons in the history of music.
    -- From the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 22:583 edits
    Liar.
    Just bad grammar.

these
    or
    but not
    NER, please consider indulging an ounce of whimsy with regard to the format of this rather prevalent online phenomena.

Originally posted by Kewpie
    Phenomenon, surely.

Plural or Singular: wasn't sure whether to suggest varieties of compensatory behaviour or the event itself. Thanks.

Liar.
    Just bad grammar.

these
    or
    but not

Thanks for the grammatical error correction.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 23:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I just notice that you seem to start a lot of threads which cast a back-handed slap at unspecified forum posters.
    You can't really blame GB if you see yourself in his posts.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 23:07

Two observations:

I see a few known forum posters in this description, and judging by the number of thumbs down, so do they.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 23:27
    Let's say an articulate Martian with an acquired facility for the English Language landed in the UK,
    discovered RHP, became a subscriber and the OP of its first General Forum Thread was.....

"Would someone please explain this thing that Homo Sapiens refer to as compensatory behaviour?

Thank you. ~An Inquiring Mind from Mars"
    Martian chess player is best then every engine.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 23:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You can't really blame GB if you see yourself in his posts.
    I am quite self aware actually suzianne; unlike some.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 23:341 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Two observations:

I see a few known forum posters in this description, and judging by the number of thumbs down, so do they.
    My issue with GB is not the observation he makes, which is probably accurate, it is the lack of balls to name names. I think the analogy would be: you don't start a fight in a bar by writing graffiti in the toilet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree