15 Aug '18 06:43
    anyone up for a game
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '18 08:17
    Originally posted by @abejnood
    anyone up for a game
    Sure, if I can remember my login and how to play.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Aug '18 09:05
    anyone up for a game
    Do the dice still suck?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '18 09:27
    I’m on there as “divegeester” if there is a look up function.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    16 Aug '18 17:102 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Do the dice still suck?
    I tried that site again a few months ago and yes, the dice still are not randomized properly. I kept track of my rolls and you roll strings of sixes or ones much more frequently than you would expect if it were truly randomized. 7 consecutive rolls of multiple 6's or 10 rolls of at least a couple of 1's are way too common.

The site believes in "bad luck" and "good luck" so they seem to be putting in algorythms to have these long runs of good or bad luck. After 100 rolls or so, the expected values do show that each number on the die is coming up equally but it is the "DISTRIBUTION" of the results that are skewed.

I've played entire games where i never won a roll as the attacker and so the game was over by round 2.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Aug '18 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by @uzless
    I tried that site again a few months ago and yes, the dice still are not randomized properly. I kept track of my rolls and you roll strings of sixes or ones much more frequently than you would expect if it were truly randomized. 7 consecutive rolls of multiple 6's or 10 rolls of at least a couple of 1's are way too common.

The site believes in "bad ...[text shortened]... layed entire games where i never won a roll as the attacker and so the game was over by round 2.
    Exactly. I played there like 3 months, and finally just had to leave in frustration. Haven't been back because of this. I've lost battles where I had overwhelming forces and have seen the Alamo win with like 6 or 7 double sixes in a row. It's as if Santa Anna had 5,000 Gomer Pyles.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Aug '18 00:26
    Never heard of it, so I had to google "conquerclub" to discover
    it was an online version of the children's board game Risk. 😛

For a challenge try the adult game of Diplomacy on www.dipbounced.com
    but be warned ... there are some seriously astute players there! (not me)

Oh ... and NO DICE!
  8. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    17 Aug '18 03:16
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Exactly. I played there like 3 months, and finally just had to leave in frustration. Haven't been back because of this. I've lost battles where I had overwhelming forces and have seen the Alamo win with like 6 or 7 double sixes in a row. It's as if Santa Anna had 5,000 Gomer Pyles.
    I loved playing Risk as a child. Is this game fashioned upon the same premise? If so, I'd give it a try.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '18 03:57
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    I loved playing Risk as a child. Is this game fashioned upon the same premise? If so, I'd give it a try.
    Yes, same exact premise as Risk, same rules, including cards. The cool thing is that you're not restricted to the old game board, there are many alternate maps.

But, fair warning. The dice will kill any spirit you have for this game. Don't say I didn't warn you. Go play a few because you can't really understand the hatred I have for the dice rolls on this site until you've been repeatedly screwed over by them.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '18 04:02
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Never heard of it, so I had to google "conquerclub" to discover
    it was an online version of the children's board game Risk. 😛

For a challenge try the adult game of Diplomacy on www.dipbounced.com
    but be warned ... there are some seriously astute players there! (not me)

Oh ... and NO DICE!
    I played a lot of Diplomacy in college, I think I'm still on at least one Diplomacy-like site, so I'll check out your link.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Aug '18 08:261 edit
    anyone up for a game
    One question, why do you have so many timeouts? School issues? We played 3 games a long time ago and I won all three, but only one in actual play, the other 2 timeouts and I see that has happened a lot with you for a long time and fairly recently too.
    If I remember right, you were 13 when you joined in 04, right? So now you are maybe 28? You should be out of school by now perhaps.
  12. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    18 Aug '18 03:14
    World 2.1 anyone?

Game #18469029
  13. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    18 Aug '18 03:25
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    One question, why do you have so many timeouts? School issues? We played 3 games a long time ago and I won all three, but only one in actual play, the other 2 timeouts and I see that has happened a lot with you for a long time and fairly recently too.
    If I remember right, you were 13 when you joined in 04, right? So now you are maybe 28? You should be out of school by now perhaps.
    Not really sure what this is about, I've played like maybe 50 games total in the last ten years on this site, maybe around 10-15 timeouts.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Aug '18 05:33
    Not really sure what this is about, I've played like maybe 50 games total in the last ten years on this site, maybe around 10-15 timeouts.
    Bad memory!
    You have played 837 games here
    and
    lost 329 by timeout.

That is pretty poor by anyone's standard..
  15. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    18 Aug '18 06:081 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Bad memory!
    You have played 837 games here
    and
    [b]lost 329 by timeout.

That is pretty poor by anyone's standard..[/b]
    Response was to comment about games I've played lately. Almost all those games were from 10+ years ago. Back then, I left the site multiple times for personal reaons after subscriptions and timeouted in lots of games as a result.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree