1. Joined
    22 Mar '09
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:29
    I'm playing my first game against this opponant. There are only 3 pieces left on the board . His K and I have K,P, that will queen in 3 moves. He is still playing. I always resign once the game is hopeless.
    He's been playing since '06 and his rating has been as high as 1500.
    What do I do.
    Thanks
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:36
    Originally posted by donlee9
    I'm playing my first game against this opponant. There are only 3 pieces left on the board . His K and I have K,P, that will queen in 3 moves. He is still playing. I always resign once the game is hopeless.
    What do I do.
    Thanks
    Do the right thing. Allow the man to play his game.
    Hopeless for him, means that you have a sure win.
    In your situation he can force a stalemate if you are not careful .. ie that is not a sure win.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:47
    What do I do.
    Thanks
    Apologize for whining about his making moves. It is his right to play on as long as he has legal moves to make. Get used to it or give up chess. You've played here since 2009 and have been nearly 1600, you should know this.
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:53
    What do I do.
    Thanks
    My advice would be to cook a nice borlotti bean soup with lots of garlic. You can search for the recipe using the terms 'river cottage borlotti beans soup'. Then tell me what you think of it, I'm considering making some.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:56
    What do I do.
    Thanks
    Make a voodoo doll of him, stab the doll with the needles, and hope he'll be dead before you. It's alwzs a chabce in correspondence chess that your opponent will die in plane crash, car accidcent, killed by street robbers or die of heart attack.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:57
    What do I do.
    Thanks
    I would browbeat him into resigning via in games messaging and a torrent of PMs. These people need to LERN.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:59
    Any progress with that soup? I'm getting hungry.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 12:40
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Any progress with that soup? I'm getting hungry.
    I brought some bread 🙂
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 12:40
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    My advice would be to cook a nice borlotti bean soup with lots of garlic. You can search for the recipe using the terms 'river cottage borlotti beans soup'. Then tell me what you think of it, I'm considering making some.
    As I thought, you're a genius. 🙂
  10. In your face
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 12:47
    What do I do.
    Thanks
    I would resign and get it over and done with, if it is annoying you so much.
  11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 12:482 edits
    In cases like this I load the game up with conditional moves, so that they see my reply immediately after they move.

My experience has been that they usually resign after a few of them. My theory is that it shows them the futility of playing on, as I have already anticipated what they will do.

If this does not work, see what Rajk999 and ChessPraxis posted.
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 12:59
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    As I thought, you're a genius. 🙂
    Thanks, mister 😀
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 14:491 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 15:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 20:21
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Exactly .. not a sure win then. It is often wise to play these games out although it becomes tedious at the end.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree