crayola

crayola

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@very-rusty said
So more women than men got it right in this study, how many men and women were used to do the study? As I've told pondy I've had to point out certain colours to a few women, not saying that I know all my colours that would not be true.

-VR
Women are more adept at distinguishing between subtle gradations than we are. Chances are you were pointing out an incorrect gradation of colour to women who saw it more clearly than you did.

Rusty - "Look at that pink dog."
Bertha - "Mm, yes Rusty." (Whispers to Edna - "Why is he describing that brown dog as pink?" )
Edna - "Shall we call the men in white coats?"

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Women are more adept at distinguishing between subtle gradations than we are. Chances are you were pointing out an incorrect gradation of colour to women who saw it more clearly than you did.
Actually you are quite wrong, and don't have a clue of the situation. I was correct on the colour, the ladies were both wrong and it was pointed out to them by another person.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Very interesting, I actually went to the site and read it! 😉

-VR
Did you learn anything?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Actually you are quite wrong, and don't have a clue of the situation. I was correct on the colour, the ladies were both wrong and it was pointed out to them by another person.

-VR
Apparently not!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 19

@caesar-salad said
Albeit late to the party, I was able to analyze the quantum traces of Mister Moggy's original post using the Babylonian Gematria, statistical noise from a pachinko parlor in the Kaiju district, and a simple ROT137 transposition.

My provisional answer is: Spruce.

BTW, I was once scolded as a young child by a nun for using Cornflower Blue rather than Blue during a co ...[text shortened]... sson in economic modesty, but I notice that I still carry some anger and resentment toward that nun.
This does beg the question.

What is your favorite crayola color?

I was always partial to Periwinkle.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Rusty - "Look at that pink dog."
Bertha - "Mm, yes Rusty." (Whispers to Edna - "Why is he describing that brown dog as pink?" )
Edna - "Shall we call the men in white coats?"
Psssst... It was cerise.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19

@suzianne said
Psssst... It was cerise.
Darn you women and your superhuman ability to distinguish colour.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19

@very-rusty said

-VR
You're an imbecile.

Here, have a crayon.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Thank you, I went to the site goad gave. Interesting...I wonder why I've had to point out colours to a few women?

-VR
Hello Rusty. I forgot to Mention "statistically" of Course there are women who can't distinguish some Colours. And of Course there are women who do not know the correct word for a given Colour....

...and there is the Option that you are a mansplainer 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 19

@ponderable said
Hello Rusty. I forgot to Mention "statistically" of Course there are women who can't distinguish some Colours. And of Course there are women who do not know the correct word for a given Colour....
That is correct, and that is the point I was making.

goad and Suzie Q, are both wrong as always! Nothing changes! 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You're an imbecile.

Here, have a crayon.
You know all about being ain imbecile everytime you look in the mirror wouldn't you goad?

-VR

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
That is correct, and that is the point I was making.

goad and Suzie Q, are both wrong as always! Nothing changes! 😉

-VR
Like I said, if you thought the study was saying every woman on the planet was better at distinguishing color than every man you are completely out of your tree,

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Like I said, if you thought the study was saying every woman on the planet was better at distinguishing color than every man you are completely out of your tree,
That is not what the poster said goad!!! Pay Attention as you like to tell me!!! 😛 😉

Stop trying to assume what I would think, it is becoming old my friend, of course I use the word very loosely. 😉

-VR

Moves
07 Aug 19
2 edits

@suzianne said
This does beg the question.

What is your favorite crayola color?

I was always partial to Periwinkle.
Spruce was my provisional answer, but now it looks like that doesn't exist anymore in current Crayola sets.

So I'll go with Electric Lime from the 96-count box as one of my favorites.

(It's hard for me to pick a favorite color because I like so many of them.)

Edit: It also looks like Copper is no longer included in the 64-count set, per this page:
http://www.jennyscrayoncollection.com/2017/10/complete-list-of-current-crayola-crayon.html

Glad I learned this before I bought a fresh box of Crayolas. These changes are kind of disturbing! I wonder if they sell something like "Crayola Classic 64" sets.

Moves
07 Aug 19

Now I see that changes to the Crayola sets have been going on for over a century:

https://www.jennyscrayoncollection.com/2018/10/complete-list-of-retired-crayola-crayon.html

Everything changes. *sigh*