General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88290
    15 Feb '17 07:511 edit
    Was all the hiked prices, extra expense and following the crowd worth it?

    Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, a nod is as good as wink to blind bat, eh...eh...now what I mean?
  2. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    38806
    15 Feb '17 10:381 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Was all the hiked prices, extra expense and following the crowd worth it?

    Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, a nod is as good as wink to blind bat, eh...eh...now what I mean?
    I cooked the man in my life a nice chicken dinner. He doesn't do cards or celebrate Valentine's Day though did offer to pay for me to get my car valeted ....which I refused as I should make time to do it myself. I did shower my son with a nice sum of cash as he celebrated his 21st last week and he was going away on a first short holiday with his girlfriend who was a Valentine's Day baby. Now that was well worth the expense. 😵
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88290
    15 Feb '17 13:07
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I cooked the man in my life a nice chicken dinner. He doesn't do cards or celebrate Valentine's Day though did offer to pay for me to get my car valeted ....which I refused as I should make time to do it myself. I did shower my son with a nice sum of cash as he celebrated his 21st last week and he was going away on a first short holiday with his girlfriend who was a Valentine's Day baby. Now that was well worth the expense. 😵
    Sounds like a great day irrespective of the date!
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8962
    15 Feb '17 16:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Was all the hiked prices, extra expense and following the crowd worth it?

    Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, a nod is as good as wink to blind bat, eh...eh...now what I mean?
    Went into Sainsbury today.
    All valetines flowers and chocs 1/2 price.

    Bit like fireworks on 6th November.
  5. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88290
    15 Feb '17 20:09
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Went into Sainsbury today.
    All valetines flowers and chocs 1/2 price.

    Bit like fireworks on 6th November.
    Nice. Did you pick up a bargain girl while you were there? 😛
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8962
    15 Feb '17 21:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Nice. Did you pick up a bargain girl while you were there? 😛
    Darn.would have done if I seen any.
    Do you get Nectar points with them ?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    16 Feb '17 15:13
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I cooked the man in my life ...
    Yikes!

    That'll teach him to forget the flowers!
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88290
    17 Feb '17 04:58
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Went into Sainsbury today.
    All valetines flowers and chocs 1/2 price.

    Bit like fireworks on 6th November.
    Sailisbury is quite a nice town by the way. I used to visit it regularly with work.
  9. Standard memberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    10140
    17 Feb '17 05:47
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I cooked the man in my life a nice chicken dinner. He doesn't do cards or celebrate Valentine's Day though did offer to pay for me to get my car valeted ....which I refused as I should make time to do it myself. I did shower my son with a nice sum of cash as he celebrated his 21st last week and he was going away on a first short holiday with his girlfriend who was a Valentine's Day baby. Now that was well worth the expense. 😵
    My daughter is a Valentine's day baby too - but she just turned 10.
Back to Top