1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 01:161 edit
    One of mine is a beige, moth bitten old bath sheet. It was one of two that my dearly departed mother bought me for the baby I was expecting 20 years ago. It's now my favourite bathtime item but I do keep it hidden from anyone other than close family members.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 01:30
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I do keep it hidden from anyone other than close family members.
    Ha. I'm not going to keep this information hidden from anyone!
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 01:33
    One of mine is a beige, moth bitten old bath sheet. It was one of two that my dearly departed mother bought me for the baby I was expecting 20 years ago. It's now my favourite bathtime item but I do keep it hidden from anyone other than close family members.
    It's a bit boring, I know, but I have become very fond of my phone because it is my "radio" my "TV", it allows me to keep abreast of my work and any communication with clients, I can talk to various friends around the world by voice note, listen to the cricket commentary, and so on and so forth. And it's considerably smaller than a packet of 5 cigars. It's a favourite thing of mine.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 02:18
    Most of my favourite things are kitchen utensils!
  5. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 12:04
    I just love it when people spell something differently because of where they live.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 13:131 edit
    I have a small tetrahedron shaped stone which I found when I was excitedly on my way home from school to watch the Apollo 11 lift off. I used it to write on a whitewashed plaster wall; it was a message to the girl I wanted to be my girlfriend at that time. We were 8 years old and her name was Kim. I kept the stone for some reason and still have it in a box in the loft.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 02:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    ..... girl I wanted to be my girlfriend at that time. We were 8 years old and her name was Kim. I kept the stone for some reason and still have it in a box in the loft.
    As long as you haven't got Kim in a box in the loft it's ok.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 06:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    As long as you haven't got Kim in a box in the loft it's ok.
    She never became my girlfriend and so never got to become part of my collection.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    She never became my girlfriend and so never got to become part of my collection.
    You collected girlfriends? That's cool.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:21
    My granddad's war medals. He died before I was born, but I have them on my bedside table and like to look at them every now and then.

My sister still maintains, that as a child, she saw his ghost bend over my cot and Kiss me on the forehead. (She has 3 or 4 such ghost stories).
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 19:03
    "Thanks" to many removals there are quite a few small things and memories, as I regard now as a talismans, and some of them I take with me on my journeys. (I imagine how silly it would have looked, for example, errr, in a plane who is abut to crash, and all those things, talismans and "improtant" documents will pracitcally disappear all together with myself...)
    Well, metal comb (a gift from my father), some funny bags I often take with me on the journeys, pencil box (dear gift from Netherlands part of family) in form of giant pencil with a zipper (i take it when I decide to make some sketches (possible with aquarell pencils) of landscapes in a little drawing book, and I put all ball pens and lead pencils.
    Teddy bear from childhood and sunbrella on the carriage from that time, som "gadgets" from sixties when my parents traveled along...

Probably will take them into grave with me unless there be one who would follow my last wish (I presume I will be eaten by moths and cremated on dogs' cemetery and apartment delivered to the community, though.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree