1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 22:57
    Love does not wane. True love I mean.

Sex? Men always want sex. Women don't always want sex.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 00:512 edits
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Love does not wane. True love I mean.

Sex? Men always want sex. Women don't always want sex.
    I just heard about this in an interview the other day.

Quote:

Abstract

Factors related to sexual arousal are different in men and women. The conditions for women to become aroused are more complex. However, the conventional audio-visual stimulation (AVS) materials used to evaluate sexual arousal are universal. In the present study, we investigated sexual differences in the response to different types of AVS by studying activated areas of the brain using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI). fMRI was performed during two types of AVS in 20 healthy heterosexual volunteers (aged 20-28 years, 10 men and 10 women). The two AVS types were: (1) mood type, erotic video clips with a concrete story and (2) physical type, directly exposing sexual intercourse and genitalia. fMRI images were analyzed and compared for each stimulation with a Mann-Whitney U test, with statistical significance set at P<0.05. Men preferred the physical type of AVS to the mood type (mean arousal score 2.14 vs 1.86 in females) and women preferred the mood type (mean arousal score 2.14 vs 1.86 in males) (P<0.05). Degrees of activation in brain areas differed between genders and types of AVS for each gender. This should be considered when applying the AVS method to evaluate and diagnose female sexual dysfunction.International Journal of Impotence Research advance online publication, 10 January 2013; doi:10.1038/ijir.2012.47.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23303334

Note that women and men's level of "arousal score" for the two types of stimulation were the same. Why the results should be considered for female and not male sexual dysfunction is at first, puzzling. Maybe it means evaluation for dysfunction is currently done using the male-preferred stimulation, and it shouldn't be. Maybe it means men can "score" better if there is a story and a mood involved, not just wam bam. 😉

It would be interesting to see studies by age.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 05:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 05:50
    The love thing doesn't wax - only the lust thing...
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 13:00
    Originally posted by ptobler
    The love thing doesn't wax - only the lust thing...
    !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree