1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 05:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I may have been remiss by causing a misunderstanding to creep into this.

The "Only about half of perceived friendships are mutual" factoid has got nothing to do with Facebook (or the factoid about dog lovers and cat lovers on Facebook).

They are discrete factoids.
    Some of the friendships here at RHP seem transitory and opportunistic at times.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 00:56
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Ah, I misread the connection. So half of all perceived friendships are misperceived? Are that many people daft??
    If it wasn't for the daft people, you wouldn't look so smart! 😛

Regards,
    -VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 01:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Some of the friendships here at RHP seem transitory and opportunistic at times.
    A lot of friendships are as you said, transitory and opportunistic, the real long term friendships tend to be somewhat illusive and most especially in the age where jobs or other opportunities mean moving away from friends. I can count on one hand friends I am still in contact with from long term friendships.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 05:472 edits
    Dog people meet other dog people walking around with plastic bags watching each other's dogs poop and watching the dogs smell each others butts. Cats don't like smelling each others butts and have people to scoop up their poop in private. This is the basic difference.

And before you ask, the metaphor between facebook and smelling butts should be obvious. Unless you are family/friends anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree