1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 06:17
    Game Id # 11362628
    This game was declared a draw. Neither my opponent or I asked for a draw. We were both even in captured pieces. There was no repetition of moves. There are plenty of pieces with legal moves. It was not a stalemate. Can someone have a look see and advise me what happened. Thanks.
  2. Los Angeles
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 06:40
    Please disregard. My opponent says I offered him a draw & I found an email in spam confirming this. I must have touched a wrong button for I felt that I was winning.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 06:46
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    Game Id # 11362628
    This game was declared a draw. Neither my opponent or I asked for a draw. We were both even in captured pieces. There was no repetition of moves. There are plenty of pieces with legal moves. It was not a stalemate. Can someone have a look see and advise me what happened. Thanks.
    Probably a late night whisky too many.

Otherwise you need to flag it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 06:57
    Please disregard. My opponent says I offered him a draw & I found an email in spam confirming this. I must have touched a wrong button for I felt that I was winning.
    I don't understand.

How can you have had an email in your spam folder when emails are not used to resign games, the "resign now" function is (which also triggers a secondary confirmation pop-up)? Also this site does not have a spam folder for PM's and even if it did, the email you sent would not be in your own spam folder.

😕
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 07:10
    I used to get Button Struggle sometimes when I played Mr.Do 1983-95.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 07:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't understand.

How can you have had an email in your spam folder when emails are not used to resign games, the "resign now" function is (which also triggers a secondary confirmation pop-up)? Also this site does not have a spam folder for PM's and even if it did, the email you sent would not be in your own spam folder.

😕
    I'm thinking: this has the makings of a TV series.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 07:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm thinking: this has the makings of a TV series.
    just as he was leaving, Columbo turns at the door...

"Just one more thing Sir...if you had equal pieces left on the board, then why were you under the impression you were winning the game, and indeed why if it was equal, why did your opponent accept the draw offer?"
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 09:24
    Game Id # 11362628
    I don't see why it's drawn, either. Could be it is a mistake and maybe it can be reinstated. Could be there's a reason neither of us can see, I dunno. Send feedback and ask why it is drawn, is my best advice.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 09:28
    Aaaahhh. The "rest of the story".

For what it's worth, I thought you were winning too. Perhaps that's why he accepted the draw.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 09:33
    I don't understand.

😕
    He didn't say he resigned. Did you even look at the game?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 10:31
    Game Id # 11362628
    After your opponents only move you have forced mate in 2.

... but I guess that doesn't make you feel any better!!!

As I said before _ too many whiskeys!
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 10:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    He didn't say he resigned. Did you even look at the game?
    I'm not interested in the game.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 11:12
    I'm not interested in the game.
    Apparently not. So why'd you post about it?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 11:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Apparently not. So why'd you post about it?
    I didn't post about the game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree