1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 18:08
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-09-psychopaths-senior-managerial-positions-high.html

Who would have known 😉
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 18:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-09-psychopaths-senior-managerial-positions-high.html

Who would have known 😉
    one more reason to become self employed.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 19:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    one more reason to become self employed.
    did you read my comments on that piece? Below the icons is the comment section.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 19:33
    did you read my comments on that piece? Below the icons is the comment section.
    I have now though admittedly i had to look up Erin
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 19:532 edits

Who would have known 😉
    Cultural evolution in action. Set up a competitive environment that rewards ruthless exploitation and see who rises to the top. Even the regulatory structure can be a venue of exploitation of the weaker (insufficiently ruthless) members and sectors of society. It's really a mindless unfolding of the inevitable.

quote:

Economist Milton Friedman writes that corporate executives' "responsibility... generally will be to make as much money as possible while conforming to their basic rules of the society, both those embodied in law and those embodied in ethical custom".[20] Friedman also said, "the only entities who can have responsibilities are individuals ... A business cannot have responsibilities. So the question is, do corporate executives, provided they stay within the law, have responsibilities in their business activities other than to make as much money for their stockholders as possible? And my answer to that is, no, they do not."

Wikipedia on business ethics.

The kicker is that business leaders can and do influence the laws and ethical customs.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 21:31
    Originally posted by JS357
    Cultural evolution in action. Set up a competitive environment that rewards ruthless exploitation and see who rises to the top. Even the regulatory structure can be a venue of exploitation of the weaker (insufficiently ruthless) members and sectors of society. It's really a mindless unfolding of the inevitable.

quote:

Economist Milton Friedman writes tha ...[text shortened]... thics.

The kicker is that business leaders can and do influence the laws and ethical customs.
    My thought is the board of directors would welcome a psychopath, even if they knew in advance the dude was nuts. My guess is they WANT ruthless no ethics no emotions no morals types that can bull through opposition.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 06:53
    My thought is the board of directors would welcome a psychopath, even if they knew in advance the dude was nuts. My guess is they WANT ruthless no ethics no emotions no morals types that can bull through opposition.
    What makes you think this corporate brand of psychopaths are "nuts"?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 07:36
    I've posted on one of the forums about the success of psychopaths/sociopaths - contrary to popular belief most are law abiding (just) and heads of industry, entrpreneurs and politicians.

I remember the article I linked to cited Bill Clinton as a typical sociopath.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 13:07
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I've posted on one of the forums about the success of psychopaths/sociopaths - contrary to popular belief most are law abiding (just) and heads of industry, entrpreneurs and politicians.

I remember the article I linked to cited Bill Clinton as a typical sociopath.
    Wonder where that would put Nixon?
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 13:34
    Wonder where that would put Nixon?
    Nixon, in my unprofessional opinion, was primarily paranoid.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 13:41
    Originally posted by JS357
    Nixon, in my unprofessional opinion, was primarily paranoid.
    The revelations coming off the tapes show him more than paranoid, he wanted to short circuit the democratic process and make himself into a dictator.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree