1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 07:23
    Empty Word Clouds

O (Silence is golden) Then, why do we all talk so much face to face, on the phone, online and to ourselves 16/365?

O (Once upon a time...) Prunes; the many good and bad decisions along the way become the meaningful beginnings.

O (All's well that ends well...) Since when did superficial appearances trump the drone, the shock and awe of reality?

O
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 20:55
    Emptiness are us, Bobby. What else you got?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

Emptiness are us, Bobby. What else you got?
    Andy, you have no idea how pleased I am that you weighed in. Thanks. Yep, at times our mindless behaviour suggests an empty head. Yet, at birth we're given a heart to pump blood and a rational mind to receive, process, store, retrieve, circulate and apply information. The mind is an enormous unsaturated sponge with near limitless capacity for fulfillment.

Just as nature abhors a vacuum, our minds must intake something, correct or incorrect, true or false. Net: +/- character qualities are gradually built. Acquired norms and standards, values and principles govern the decisions which result in our words and deeds. Emotions, which are designed to appreciate, have no capacity for rational thought; yet, often attempt to take charge in stressful situations. Worst decisions any of us have ever made were made in the heat of some moment, when we reacted rather than calmly responded to some threat or challenge or false opportunity. Regrets were born.

Guess what it comes down to is that, now and then, we cheap out on ourselves by selling ourselves and what we have to offer short. Yes, it's the way of all flesh and takes courage and stamina to resist. Empty Word Clouds are a symptom.

Anyone care to post a few more examples from everyday face to face or cyberspace life? Thanks again for your reply. Bob

O
  4. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 00:52
    I thought this was a tribute to Woodstock...my bad
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 20:58
    O (Hey, I do whatever feels good) Go ahead without the least regard for consequences. Wrong decisions limit life options.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree